Name fantasy nhl expansion teams

habsfan1

How would you name an nhl expansion team from your city or any other city? I've came up with some names that could fit an nhl team from portland or houston. Here are my propositions.

- Houston Rampage

- Seattle Rockets

- Portland Anacondas

Winnipeg Aeros (For History fans...)

Would be cool, but any NHL team coming back here could not be anything but the Jets.

Heck, we could go way back and name them the Winnipeg Victorias (oh yeah... Stanley Cup Champs '96, '01, '02.... 1896, 1901, and 1902 that is).

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Kansas City SCOUTS!

Ok, I'm Bias.  Word is that a group is trying to get the CHL back in action and bring teams to KC and Omaha.  StL Blues looked into moving the Ice Cats to KC - but that went belly up.  Wochester has a great set up and a good fan base.

I'm not sure when hockey will return here - Topeka lost the Scarecrow and now we got nothin' - what up with this? ???

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Omaha Knights

Seattle Metropolitans

Seattle Metros

Seattle Jacks

Sacramento Spartans

Sacramento Phalanx

Quebec Bulldogs

Quebec Saints

Winnipeg Jets

Winnipeg Hornets

Hartford Whalers

New England Whalers

Connecticut Deacons

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Winnipeg Hornets

Winnipeg Mosquitos more like it... although this last year the foggers and larviciders did their jobs well, and city hall passed a motion to restrain the influence of tree-huggers once it got too bad.

Some interesting ideas, keep it up folks!

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Las Vegas Death

Las Vegas Ballet

Las Vegas Corn!

Las Vegas Mustard

Las Vegas Fives (a.k.a. V's)

Las Vegas Its You!

(I actually made logos for all these teams)

Toronto Corn!

Sydney Millionaires

Winnipeg Jets

Quebec Nordiques

Hartford Whalers

Minnesota North Stars

(Also, I think the San Jose Sharks mascot's name should be Sanjay!)

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Houston Stallions

Seattle Fins

Portland Pioneers

and of course the whalers, jets and nordiques

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

The Quebec City Laurentians; old name from one of my teams in another fantasy league.

I've always wanted to call a team The Vancouvereens, (cross between Vancouver and Wolvereens)

St. John Majors

Manitoba Mounties

Hamilton Ironmen

Saskatoon Speed

Portland Panthers

Kansas City SCOUTS!

Ok, I'm Bias. Word is that a group is trying to get the CHL back in action and bring teams to KC and Omaha. StL Blues looked into moving the Ice Cats to KC - but that went belly up. Wochester has a great set up and a good fan base.

I'm not sure when hockey will return here - Topeka lost the Scarecrow and now we got nothin' - what up with this? ???

The CHL is back in action - actually has been since 1992.  I hadn't heard anything about the Blues moving their affiliate to KC - they are doing well attendance-wise in Worcester.  Also, I don't think that the KC market would support a franchise that's essentially St. Louis's "little brother."  I think it would be viewed as kind of a slap in the face.  I do think that the Blues should look into scheduling at least one of their regular-season games against both Nashville and Columbus in KC every year.  These are usually the worst-attended games of the Blues schedule every year and we have anywhere from 2-3 home matches against each team, so home fans aren't really being denied anything by moving those games.

By the way, I think it would be great to get the NHL back to KC.  I think they could support it now.

Victoria Lumberjacks

Hartford Whalers

Winnipeg Jets

Quebec Nordiques (anyone at NHL head office listening?!)

Hamilton Tigers

Cleveland Barons (bring 'em back to the NHL)

St. John's Nor'Easters

Super Wario Comix!

Iron Crossover IX Contender (Tied for 6th)

Iron Crossover Halloween Contender (Tied for Bronze)

vanhalengo.png

Archived