Dallas Mavericks tweaks

Brendan

like the title says all i did was make some tweaks to the mavericks. I think along with making the basketball logo without the sheild the primary these tweaks help give the mavericks a great uniform and logo combo.

mavericks.png

these are the things i did

1. Made the numbers on the away jersey baby blue.

2. Made the third jersey baby blue.

3. Put the number below the wordmark for the alternate.

4. added the star above the players name on the alternate.

5. Made a sad attemt at making an alternate logo

thansk to sportslogo.net for the mavericks jereys

GOOD:

? Royal blue alts: Yes! I'm not a fan of the green alts. I know green used to be in their colour scheme and nostalgia and all that. But let's leave the past in the past and move on with the new colours. The green alt is too much of a stretch; it's totally inconsistent with their other uniforms. And I like things that are consistent.

? Number below wordmark on alt: While the number placement on the current alt is unique, I'd still rather see it where you've got it now. A little more conventional.

? Star above name on alt: This gives at least one element that is consistent between all three uniforms. And, as I've already esablished, I like consistency.

NOT-SO-GOOD:

? The primary logo: I'm still a big sucker for the shield logo. While it doesn't really have a place on the uniforms, I'd hate to see it done away with entirely.

? Royal blue numbers on roads: I think this decreases the readability of the numbers, especially from the nosebleeds or on TV. The silver is much better in this respect.

? Alt logo: The cowboy hat just looks tacked on and unnecessary. Sorry.

I'll give my opinion as a HUGE Mavs fan. I think the home/away unis are good as is, I don't really like the baby blue numbers on the aways.

I LOVE the blue alternate, but personally I like the number placement better the way it was for some reason. Also, the star logo above the player name may not work as well simply because you already have the same star on the front collar of the jersey.

Also, why are all the logos on the shorts backwards???

I'll give my opinion as a HUGE Mavs fan. I think the home/away unis are good as is, I don't really like the baby blue numbers on the aways.

I LOVE the blue alternate, but personally I like the number placement better the way it was for some reason. Also, the star logo above the player name may not work as well simply because you already have the same star on the front collar of the jersey.

the logos dont look backwards to me. I also didnt notice hteres was a star on the collar aswell, just htink it isn't there.

the logos dont look backwards to me. I also didnt notice hteres was a star on the collar aswell, just htink it isn't there.

Why do we have to pretend things are or aren't there when looking at a concept?

I like em though. You didn't change much about their look, because you didn't have to. Very good job.

Archived