CONCEPT: Houston Texans

bigdub81

I've had this in mind ever since I posted my concept for the Ravens, using the raven as a backdrop against the jersey. With this one I tried the same by using

"Steed" or whatever they call those things as the backdrop. I tried simulating the

look by wrapping the horns around back against the shoulders and giving the sides indents next to the numbers so if you look closely it looks like their logo.

The other changes were that I added a pair of white stripes to the inside navy stripes on their pants. I also added stripes to the socks that match those of the one's that I added to the helmet. Also their is now a drop shadow on the numbers and the navy is more blue than black (at least to me) that they currently use now.

For those who may wonder...the two pieces coming from under the arms on the back view of the concept, this is supposed to be the ''jaw'' area of the animal like on their logo. I tried to make it look like it also wrapped around the sides instead of just being cut off. And don't knock me for the stripes on the socks having one

set be slightly higher than the other, but hey if you want to go ahead

C&C as usual...gotta' go eat, up next DETROIT.

CONCEPT81-Texans.jpg

That's tight. Some might not agree with me, but that's a cool idea.

That's tight?....... I think he meant this is a very well put together uniform concept. The numbers on the back may be a little LARGE. The blue alternate is very nice, but for some reason i'm getting a Buffalo Bills sort of feel from them. I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish on the side of the jerseys. So, all in all good job.

Untitled-3.gif

-s82.designs.webpage-

Brilliams!

Ownership

-CFA: South Beach Sharks

-NCFA: 2007 Beantown Bowl Champions; BNE Co-Champions

as a conceptual design this is awsome.

however, logistically this would be a nightmare for opposing teams. the front is primarily navy blue and the back where the design ends is all white. if your the opposing team do you wear color or white? the only way to make this type of design work in real life is to subsitute white for red and use white as trim.

now if you made it in to a fashion jersey to sell it would be pretty cool and if you made a mcfarlane type of Texans figure using that jersey design, i would most definately buy that figure.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

however, logistically this would be a nightmare for opposing teams. the front is primarily navy blue and the back where the design ends is all white. if your the opposing team do you wear color or white? the only way to make this type of design work in real life is to subsitute white for red and use white as trim.

I would agree here. That's a great concept, but you've got to worry about the difference in the front and the back. As Coast2CoastAM2006 said, using red would work for a home jersey, but then you get the same awkward problem with the aways; at least, maybe, you could solve this by making the whole thing white and just outlining the head in blue or red.

A great idea otherwise; it would just be a nightmare on the field for those involved.

I love it. Alot of times, people try to put concepts together to somehow feature the team's logo like you did, and it won't work. This time, however, you've put it together so that it flows really, really well. I don't think it could ever be more than a fashion/concept alt, for the simple reason that the team is wearing both their whites and darks, but it still looks great. Keep it up.

as a conceptual design this is awsome.

however, logistically this would be a nightmare for opposing teams.  the front is primarily navy blue and the back where the design ends is all white.  if your the opposing team do you wear color or white?  the only way to make this type of design work in real life is to subsitute white for red and use white as trim. 

now if you made it in to a fashion jersey to sell it would be pretty cool and if you made a mcfarlane type of Texans figure using that jersey design, i would most definately buy that figure.

Thats exactly what i had in mind

and if u close one eye and squint the other it looks like a pats jersey

ATL

Ok here's the update!

1) I went with all solid color jersey's this time with just the outline of the logo around the front instead of going around the sides.

2) Made the number on the back of the jersey smaller as requested.

3) I forgot that they wear blue tug's so I put them in and changed the stripes around to match their helmet. And I didn't realize til' now that it's exactly what the Patriots, wear as their style of navy tug's. Oh well, it's just a concept!

Thanks, for checking out my post. Next up will be the Detroit Lions, hope you'll check back but until then...C&C as usual! - Thank You

CONCEPT81-TexansFull.jpg

I've had this in mind ever since I posted my concept for the Ravens, using the raven as a backdrop against the jersey. With this one I tried the same by using

"Steed" or whatever they call those things as the backdrop. I tried simulating the

look by wrapping the horns around back against the shoulders and giving the sides indents next to the numbers so if you look closely it looks like their logo.

The other changes were that I added a pair of white stripes to the inside navy stripes on their pants. I also added stripes to the socks that match those of the one's that I added to the helmet. Also their is now a drop shadow on the numbers and the navy is more blue than black (at least to me) that they currently use now.

For those who may wonder...the two pieces coming from under the arms on the back view of the concept, this is supposed to be the ''jaw'' area of the animal like on their logo. I tried to make it look like it also wrapped around the sides instead of just being cut off. And don't knock me for the stripes on the socks having one

set be slightly higher than the other, but hey if you want to go ahead

C&C as usual...gotta' go eat, up next DETROIT.

CONCEPT81-Texans.jpg

too New England Patriots to me.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

The redo set (not the first post) is wicked, damn. I like how you see the horns and head in the outline, thats just solid design.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

those are even better than the first.

with the texans being an recent expansion team with no real history or tradition, theres no reason a set like this couldn't work. if the texans put out a set like this, i would buy one. i really like the logo incorporated in to the jersey design.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

(bow) , Sir. BRAVO. Loved the idea, love the execution. And now that it's wearable, these'd be great. If the Texans didn't come into the league with such outstanding uniforms to begin with, I'd want them to wear these.

Awesome stuff!

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I forgot that they wear blue tug's so I put them in and changed the stripes around to match their helmet. And I didn't realize til' now that it's exactly what the Patriots, wear as their style of navy tug's. Oh well, it's just a concept!

Not quite. I think these are different enough. The patriots have the white and red flip-flopped from what you have. I think these look really good.

MegatronSig2.jpg

Archived