2006 NHL Entry Draft

Roger Clemente

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any more Maple Leafs rumors going out there> I hear they are intrested in Chris Pronger, but he would never come to T.O. Look who we got for a goalie, Andrew Raycroft. I am a Leafs fan, i just dont know if he can step it up this season.

4kv29i.jpg

Any more Maple Leafs rumors going out there> I hear they are intrested in Chris Pronger, but he would never come to T.O. Look who we got for a goalie, Andrew Raycroft. I am a Leafs fan, i just dont know if he can step it up this season.

Apparently the Leafs and Rangers have the most interest in Pronger. Without McCabe signed I could see the Leafs getting him. I don't know what they could give up for Pronger, though.

Belfour? :P

In the TSN graphics I could barely read the word Anaheim in their new logo. IMO it would much easier for everyone if it wasn't there.

The main word in the logo is Ducks. As long as you can read Ducks, that's the important thing.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

San Jose, with their newly acquired pick, drafts center Ty Wishart.

TRADE!

Los Angeles trades Pavol Demitra to Minnesota for Patrick O'Sullivan and the draft pick right now....which is....Travis Lewis, right wing.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

... and that pick was originally Edmonton's for Dwayne Roloson. As TSN pointed out, The Wild essentially dealt Roloson for Demitra.... I wonder if the Kings will use O'Sullivan this season. He was awesome for the Houston Aeros last season.

I saw, I came, I left.

Apparently the Leafs and Rangers have the most interest in Pronger. Without McCabe signed I could see the Leafs getting him. I don't know what they could give up for Pronger, though.

I also hear the Leafs might give up Tomas Kaberle, and im guessing someone else, for Chris Pronger. I dont know if they should but the Leafs are going to look alot different coming this season.

4kv29i.jpg

I also hear the Leafs might give up Tomas Kaberle, and im guessing someone else, for Chris Pronger. I dont know if they should but the Leafs are going to look alot different coming this season.

By giving up Rask, the Leafs have screwed themselves. The best route would have been to sign Manny Legace because since he is from here, he would hopefully sign for less and demand less job security. That way, we could get a quality goalie for cheap and one who is fine with platooning. By trading for Raycroft, they may have just given up one of the best goalie prospects the team has ever had. I HOPE Raycroft will return to form this season and the other moves the Leafs make this summer come from the open market and not trading away any more youth. Not signing Legace was their first mistake, lets hope they don't make any more.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Well, the draft was pretty fun this year, especially with the guys in front of us yelling "STEP DOWN, BETTMAN!" Eventually, Bettman stepped down one step before greeting one of the draftees. Immediately after the guys yelled "THAT'S ALL I WANTED TO SEE! YOUR GOOD IN MY BOOKS NOW!"

And I swear, the whole stadium could hear these, guys, we were right in front of the TSN booth where Duffy was, and they'd also yell things like "Duffy for commisioner!" and "Where's Havlat gonna go?" and then for humor (this guy was a Leafs fan) "Aki Berg for Chris Pronger, straight up!" Duffy got a kick out of that one and was laughing for a while, he had a good sense of humour :D

Anyways, besides for what you saw, that's what helped kill the time in between picks.

And of course, quite a lot of boos were handed out today...what I was MOST surprised about was when Ovechkin stepped up to announce who the Caps would draft, the crowd went BALLISTIC, highlight of the draft this year, it was for a good minute straight of cheering.

I'm hoping someone here caught the funniest moment from the draft and can help me out. Does anyone have a screencap of when Bettman announced the first trade of the day and his reaction to the Vancouver crowd? That look on his face was priceless.

By giving up Rask, the Leafs have screwed themselves. The best route would have been to sign Manny Legace because since he is from here, he would hopefully sign for less and demand less job security. That way, we could get a quality goalie for cheap and one who is fine with platooning. By trading for Raycroft, they may have just given up one of the best goalie prospects the team has ever had. I HOPE Raycroft will return to form this season and the other moves the Leafs make this summer come from the open market and not trading away any more youth. Not signing Legace was their first mistake, lets hope they don't make any more.

I disagree. Raycroft will probably return to form this year. And realisticly, the Leafs only need one of the two young goalies. I would rather see Rask go than Pogge.

And I hope the Leafs don't trade Kaberle for Pronger. We'd be right back where we started, with only one good, all-around defenceman.

I disagree. Raycroft will probably return to form this year. And realisticly, the Leafs only need one of the two young goalies. I would rather see Rask go than Pogge.

And I hope the Leafs don't trade Kaberle for Pronger. We'd be right back where we started, with only one good, all-around defenceman.

I agree, i think the Leafs should only trade Tomas Kaberle, if he wanted out of Toronto, which wont happened cus he just signed a 5 year contract not that long ago.

4kv29i.jpg

Someone please tell me why we drafted a goalie. And now we're putting MODIN (olympic gold medalist) and FEDOTENKO (my personal favorite player and the guy who got us the Stanley Cup in Game 7) on the block for some has-been like Biron or a never-will-be like Denis?

Feaster is retarded. We already have, what, 14? 15 goalies now? Are they planning on dressing goalies as defenseman (what we really need)? Cause otherwise any of our new goalies are just going to get lit up again until their confidence is dead just like Grahame because they have to face a breakaway every 2 seconds.

I guess I wouldn't mind having Biron, although I'd much rather prefer Gigure. I still think Norrena or Holmqvist could easily start for us though instead of wasting good forwards on more goalies.

Hmm. Atlanta presented Little with their alternate jersey. Never seen this done before....

I've seen the Kings present their purple jersey to players.

Didn't Atlanta say that they were going to use the third jersey as their primary now?

That's the rumor unfortunately. If they do they will be wearing a jersey with a color that has barely a presence in their logo. :wacko:

Seems to work well with another team......

1256.gif

uniformsyankees.jpg

Someone please tell me why we drafted a goalie. And now we're putting MODIN (olympic gold medalist) and FEDOTENKO (my personal favorite player and the guy who got us the Stanley Cup in Game 7) on the block for some has-been like Biron or a never-will-be like Denis?

Feaster is retarded. We already have, what, 14? 15 goalies now? Are they planning on dressing goalies as defenseman (what we really need)? Cause otherwise any of our new goalies are just going to get lit up again until their confidence is dead just like Grahame because they have to face a breakaway every 2 seconds.

I guess I wouldn't mind having Biron, although I'd much rather prefer Gigure. I still think Norrena or Holmqvist could easily start for us though instead of wasting good forwards on more goalies.

Because unless you have a top 5 pick you draft for the future. Only the top 5 players (if that) have a chance at playing the next season. Most first round picks are a few years away from playing in the NHL. Some are still a year or two away from even playing pro hockey.

The top pick in this years draft might go play college hockey next year.

Archived