CONCEPT81: Detroit Lions

bigdub81

As you can see the most obvious change is the trashing of black as an alternate color and jersey for that matter. I never thought that it really fit into their scheme anyway and besides that, I'm more of a "classic" kinda' person myself. I changed the numbers around both in font and by adding an extra outline around them. Detroit, has entirely too many stripes on their sleeves now just by trying to add black into their mix and frankly it's sad! You can achieve a much cleaner look by simply reducing the number of stripes like the Packers, have done. I'm not aware if their jersey's currently have a wordmark or not but just in case I added one here. I copied the helmet stripe to those on the pant's and also added in a pair of silver stripes to the inside on both. The logo also gained the same treatment although it may be faint it's there and I returned the facemask back to blue. The jersey's on both the home and away set match the team's socks and that about wrap's it up for my version of the Lions. C&C as usual, and thank's for your viewing!

Anybody got any request?

CONCEPT81-Lions.jpg

Very well done. It's very classy and this is what there uniforms should be. That black jersey is straight up ugly.

Great job.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

Wow these are great. Its a good update for the Lions. I like how you kept it simple and didn't go over board with their jersyes. Overal they look alot more better, and a nice upgrade. Good job.

4kv29i.jpg

I don't know about the number font, but it kicks the ass of what the have now. One other thing, keep the tear drop!

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

This is a very crisp look. Nice work. I like the "Lions" wordmark underneath the collar - it's very classy. The numbers, while not perfect, could be a lot worse, as well. It all fits together and is perhaps one of your best concepts, if not the best, to date. Excellent effort.

Yeah know the spot on the top right corner, right by the lions mouth, I call it a teardrop because the logog itself looks likt the lion is laying down crying.

170.gif

Why is that spot there?

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

i personally think it looks fine with or without it but to someone that has never heard or seen of the detroit lions that shape can be a bit strange looking. if you mistook the mouth area for his eyes then you can see where someone might have trouble. the extra tear drop shape defines the lions jaw and it is much clearer.

Very well done. It's very classy and this is what there uniforms should be. That black jersey is straight up ugly.

Great job.

Wait a minute, I thought you guys all liked the black jersey when they first introduced it a year ago.

YOZXkBG.png?1

You may want to consider swapping the "Detroit" wording with the "Lions" as I believe the Lions wear blue at home and mostly white on the road.

Thumbs up for dropping the black.

centerfieldbanner2.png

Formula GP

CenterField 22 pts

#7 Coca-Cola Giancarlo Fisichella 4pts

#8 Coca-Cola Lewis Hamilton 18pts

TRAC

CenterField Motorsports

#5 Sony Kyle Busch

#8 Gatorade Kurt Busch

#9 Sirius David Ragan/Ricky Rudd

Unbelievably well done. I like it better with the block numbers, although I thought the other set was fine as well. I always liked the teardrop for some reason...it was a little thing that I've always found to be important. As a Lions fan, I'd love to see them wearing these. Nice work.

I agreed with whoever above said that it was great and the only negative was that the numbers are not more traditional. Then you stuck on the traditional numbers. Now it's tremendous.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived