the new bucco bruce

mike2sana

I know you were trying to make it look like the current Bucs logo a little bit, but if the dude is alive he shouldn't have holes for eyes. If it's the Jolly Roger he shouldn't have hair and eyebrows. You could just replace the wink with an eyepatch.

Who said Bucco Bruce ever liked men? And who says that's a bad thing? How do you know your pirate/skeleton boy doesn't like other pirate/skeletons?

I know this is way off topic, but come on. I'm not the PC police here - far from it since that would make me a hypocrite - but using such insults, regardless of whether it's "gay," "retarded," "demented," etc. or regardless of whether you're 16, 14, 12 or 10, just shows a total lack of class, especially in designing.

End rant.

heres an update i made the sword macth their current colors added blood at the end of the sword and added an eye patch oh yeah i took his hair awaybuccobruce2.jpg

As this board's OFFICIAL Bucco Bruce representative (as it IS my namesake), I MUST offer up my two rusted Lincolns:

WHAT THE "B"UC ARE YOU DOING TO MY NAMESAKE??? (meant as a joke)

Okay, the first version do look a little like Jacko (who himself kinds does look more and more like a skeletore/zombie hybrid in real life, so life imitating art imitating life maybe?). I could see maybe MAYBE with a lil more development it had some potential as a hybrid of the past and present. However, I must agree that if you're trying to depict Bruce as a live caricature, he need not have skeleton teeth or missing eyes. Okay-the Jacko Bruce thing I can live with--only because now it's quite humorous, the connection between the two...

...but the second version...the SECOND VERSION...um...DEFINITE...DOWNGRADE. I don't think adding dripping blood at the end of the dagger is too great an idea (maybe adding a little red trim could do the job a little less graphically). But a skull with a pirate hat on just don't look right to me, folk.

HOWEVER, you seem to have a serious creative bug, so keep going. Let's see how much further you can go with this project.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Who said Bucco Bruce ever liked men? And who says that's a bad thing? How do you know your pirate/skeleton boy doesn't like other pirate/skeletons?

I know this is way off topic, but come on. I'm not the PC police here - far from it since that would make me a hypocrite - but using such insults, regardless of whether it's "gay," "retarded," "demented," etc. or regardless of whether you're 16, 14, 12 or 10, just shows a total lack of class, especially in designing.

End rant.

I see where you're coming from, but its undeniable that the Old Bucco Bruce looked "gay".

Is that a bad thing? Yes it is for a sports team logo. Theyre trying to appeal to the "macho male" crowd with their identity. Noone said that being gay was wrong, or bad, or anything like that, but my god Bucco Bruce looked fruity, and there isn't nothing wrong in trying to rid the logo of that.

Was it a bad choie in words? Maybe, but it wasn't offensive. Its getting to the point you can't say the word gay anymore.

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

i made bucco bruce less gay

Nice job, since orange and red are the stereotypical "gay" colors. Just like the red triangle is a gay logo... no, wait, that's the pink triangle. Oh yeah, Jerry Falwell got mad at the orange teletubbie... no, wait, that was the purple one.

Which leads me to think...

1) Do you have any idea what you're talking about?

2) See #1

3) If you've ever seen "Pirates of the Caribbean" or read any kind of pirate history, you would know that androgyny was often a part of pirate culture. Maybe it was just to annoy and scare "respectable folk" on shore; maybe it was a result of being stuck on an all-male boat for months at a time, but it definitely happened.

4) Changing the colors and the living/dead status of Bruce doesn't make him any more or less pirate-like.

5) Since the colors are not gay, and the fact that he's a pirate is possibly the only connection to gayness, I don't see how you have made him less gay.

6) Now he looks like Jacko. DEFINITELY not less gay.

Conclusion: If you are trying to be homophobic in logo design, I would suggest that you know what you are trying to avoid before producing a generic-looking, arguably more gay logo.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

End rant.

I see where you're coming from, but its undeniable that the Old Bucco Bruce looked "gay".

Is that a bad thing? Yes it is for a sports team logo. Theyre trying to appeal to the "macho male" crowd with their identity. Noone said that being gay was wrong, or bad, or anything like that, but my god Bucco Bruce looked fruity, and there isn't nothing wrong in trying to rid the logo of that.

Was it a bad choie in words? Maybe, but it wasn't offensive. Its getting to the point you can't say the word gay anymore.

exactly what i wanted to say but this concept does look like jakobeat_it.gif but what can i say its hard to make a pale skeleton with no nose not look like him!

ATL

End rant.

:notworthy: thank god someone finally understands this - everytime someone says 'gay' people jump all over them for thinking its a complete insult to everything they stand for...but it isn't - honestly, look at the damn pirate, to some, he comes off as gay - insult? no

thank you for a sound, reasonable post Pat

worldchampsll1.png

End rant.

:notworthy: thank god someone finally understands this - everytime someone says 'gay' people jump all over them for thinking its a complete insult to everything they stand for...but it isn't - honestly, look at the damn pirate, to some, he comes off as gay - insult? no

Yeah, until someone who's gay actually reads your post...

Yeah he didn't say anything deroggatory about gays. Come on, gays tend to look...well flambuoyant and kind of like Bucco Bruce.

NOT like good sports logos should look.

I guess I must have missed your Doctorate in homosexual Anthropology.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

End rant.

look, all i'm saying is that i agree to the opinion that the original logo looks as if he were gay - in no way am i insulting the logo or gay people - i find nothing wrong with gay people at all - all i'm saying is that i agree to the opinion

worldchampsll1.png

End rant.

look, all i'm saying is that i agree to the opinion that the original logo looks as if he were gay - in no way am i insulting the logo or gay people - i find nothing wrong with gay people at all - all i'm saying is that i agree to the opinion

Let's try "feminine" or "androgynous" -- you know, something without arguably negative connotations.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

End rant.

Let's try "feminine" or "androgynous" -- you know, something without arguably negative connotations.

fair enough, works for me

worldchampsll1.png

Archived