MLB to Soccer Crossovers

patsox

C&C? Here's your C&C.

Look at the thing you've created. Look at a picture of a pro athlete wearing a jersey.

Does your jersey look like something they'd wear, complete with badly placed logos, strange lines, and generic names and number fonts that don't contrast well with their surroundings?

Really, take some time on your "concepts" rather than just coloring in the lines. It's not "100% effort" to crank five series of ideas out in a day just using a template. It doesn't show vision, it doesn't show talent. No one's going to take them seriously if they're sloppy. No one's going to take them seriously if you didn't take them seriously in the first place. And, frankly, if they aren't to be taken seriously, why bother to post them?

If you're serious about trying to learn, that's great. Take some time, work the concepts through in your head, work on your skills. Work on a single idea--preferably something not involving just recycling an existing logo--and work on it until it looks like something that would actually get used, something you'd be proud to show off. No one's going going to give you concessions because you're only using Paint, or because you wanted to do it quickly. People blowing sunshine up your ass isn't going to do you any good.

Take the time to learn and improve, or you're just wasting your time and ours.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

No way Coke sponsors the Orioles. Coke would sponsor the Braves, and possibly also the Yankees. Baltimore would be more like PNC Bank or something.

But as you show, the Orioles have one of the better logos for use as a soccer crest. Good concept.

Probably not PNC -- no branches around here.

As for the uniform, I like the crest/logo as is. I agree that it works well as a soccer crest.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Hey captain obvious, the "white clumps" are part of the template.

gordie_delini's soccer templates

Easy way to get rid of the clumps on the template in paint:

Goto Attributes, select "black and white only" the image will all be black lines

Select the image, copy and paste it into a new file

you can now recolor the lines to any color you want and you will have one solid color instead of a few different shades of grey.

It makes everything look alot more clean.

Save the file as a PNG before you start designing and you have yourself a template w/out white clumps that you can use.

No way Coke sponsors the Orioles. Coke would sponsor the Braves, and possibly also the Yankees. Baltimore would be more like PNC Bank or something.

But as you show, the Orioles have one of the better logos for use as a soccer crest. Good concept.

hes right coke would sponser the braves but get this one turner or tbs or tnt ect. could sponser the braves

ATL

Honestly, I'm not really a fan of these. They're too sloopy of designs, not really clean and everything. The fonts should probably be different on each one, as they all look like "cookie-cutter" jerseys. Good attempt though.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

im not going to state the obvious, buy why is the corporate logo bigger than the baseball logo? i guess this is normal for a soccer uniform. shouldn't the corporate logo be a bit more marginalized. right now it looks like team coca-cola sponsered by the baltimore orioles. i don't follow soccer with any regularity(i'm pretty clueless to the players, teams or uniforms) so excuse my igornarance to the sport of soccer.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

im not going to state the obvious, buy why is the corporate logo bigger than the baseball logo?  i guess this is normal for a soccer uniform.  shouldn't the corporate logo be a bit more marginalized.  right now it looks like team coca-cola sponsered by the baltimore orioles.  i don't follow soccer with any regularity(i'm pretty clueless to the players, teams or uniforms) so excuse my igornarance to the sport of soccer.

That actually is typical of soccer uniforms. Most have a small team crest on the chest and a large sponsor logo.

Example (Manchester United v. Chelsea):

5554514_7_1.jpg

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Archived