Mariner Turn Back the Clock Day

seattlefan68

heh, so the M's are finally acknowledging the Pilots existed. heh, it'll look a little off to me, as the last time I saw the Pilots' unis in action the Brewers were wearin em :hockeysmiley:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

http://seattle.mariners.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb...ex.jsp?c_id=sea

upper right hand corner

Going with the Pilots uniforms. Unfortunately I won't be in town to see how they look but it should be interesting. No idea whether Detroit will be joining them.

haha i'll be outta town too im goin to this litte resort town, where the people who live there dont have tvs. haha seriously

If only they were playing the Brewers on that day.

Now that WOULD be funny. Would THEY have to wear Pilots jersies too?

As a side note, I have always wanted to add a Pilots hat to my hat collection, but I haven't ever found one I like.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

Will they be wearing the 1969 mlb logo sleeve patch from that year?

It'll be cool if the Tigers wore their old '69 greys with the block navy DETROIT on the chest and number on the sleeve.

LolichDet.jpg

"Old folks"

scorepics-ca.jpg

Below is a quote from the Mariners promotion and giveaway calendar on their site:

Turn Back the Clock Day - Sunday, July 9 - Seattle Pilots Caps

The Pilots return to Seattle for the first time in decades! The Mariners and Tigers are turning back the clock to the Summer of '69 when the Seattle Pilots played their first and only season in the Northwest. The Mariners will wear replica Seattle Pilots uniforms and the Tigers will appear in their retro '69 jerseys, as well. Plus, the first 20,000 fans take home a Seattle Pilots cap presented by FSN & UW Medicine.

Good guess speedo!

Oh man, AND it's cap day? See, now I have a reason to wish I was in Seattle on July 9.

Isn't cap day the best MLB giveaway? I think it is. Way better than bobbleheads.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

As a side note, I have always wanted to add a Pilots hat to my hat collection, but I haven't ever found one I like.

You may want to look again - New Era has *finally* correctly reproduced the Pilots' hat. The scrambled eggs on the brim no longer look like actual eggs.

PAAAAADNIKNCFGCJ.jpg

I really wish this promo would be done for a Mariners-Brewers series. I think the Pilots' road unis were far superior to their homes, and I'd love to see those in action on the field.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

That one's not bad. I see the online Mariners teamshop is selling the American Needle version.

pMLB2-1338321reg.jpg

Now I have to figure out which one is more faithful. That definitely looks like the New Era one is, surprisingly...

ray_oyler.gif

timeline_1969.jpg

and clearly it's way better than their FIRST attempt, where apparently they decided the gold "cord" was just an underline for the S.

P0053935.jpg

indians4.png

-Terry Pluto

If only they were playing the Brewers on that day.

Now that WOULD be funny. Would THEY have to wear Pilots jersies too?

Nah, the Brewers would have to wear Milwaukee Braves uniforms.

Save the slugalo.

To be totally accurate, if the "Pilots" played the team they played in Milwaukee in 1969, the Brewers would have to wear White Sox 1969 unis (which were pretty cool in and of themselves).

And which would give Milwaukee its seventh jersey of the season if they did it this year.

139775815_cc7da57bca_o.jpg

Archived