Which sports team needs new logos and uniforms

GregP1719

I don't get the posters who feel the Chicao Bulls need a change. Their look is classic. Theres a reason their logo has been unchanged for so long, its good.

The ony argument I'll somewhat buy is that they need to drop the Jordan era image to make a new image for when this group starts winning championships.

brianurlacher.png

I don't get the posters who feel the Chicao Bulls need a change. Their look is classic. Theres a reason their logo has been unchanged for so long, its good.

The ony argument I'll somewhat buy is that they need to drop the Jordan era image to make a new image for when this group starts winning championships.

I agree with you on the first paragraph, but not the second.

I think it's cool that Derek Jeter pretty much wore the same uniform as Reggie Jackson, Larry Bird pretty much wore the same uniform as Bill Russell, etc.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I think it's cool that Derek Jeter pretty much wore the same uniform as Reggie Jackson, Larry Bird pretty much wore the same uniform as Bill Russell, etc.

The only reason, me personally, i said the Bulls need a change is exactly what you said. They need to get out the Jordan-era. The reason i can't say the same for the Lakers, Celtics and Yankees is because they all have more than one decade where the dominated in a sport. Also those team and more then 2 superstars the led the teams through out their history. The Chicago Bulls dominated in the 90s only (The Michael Jordan-era) and besides Mike, all they had was Scottie. They did make history with the 2 three-peats championship but, in "MY OPINION" They are not historic like the celtics, lakers, and yankees.

The only reason, me personally, i said the Bulls need a change is exactly what you said. They need to get out the Jordan-era. The reason i can't say the same for the Lakers, Celtics and Yankees is because they all have more than one decade where the dominated in a sport. Also those team and more then 2 superstars the led the teams through out their history. The Chicago Bulls dominated in the 90s only (The Michael Jordan-era) and besides Mike, all they had was Scottie. They did make history with the 2 three-peats championship but, in "MY OPINION" They are not historic like the celtics, lakers, and yankees.

OK, so the reason the Laker, Celtics and Yankees can stay the same is because they dominated several era in those duds, but the Bulls should change because they only dominated one era. So using that logic the Celtics should have changed after the 69-70, the Yankees after the 20's and the Lakers after 87-88 because they all dominted those eras. Its only after those runs did other dynastic runs come and then history set in. Don't the Bulls have the same chance if they win 3 more titles in the next decade?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

What jkorkie said.

As far as changes for my favorite teams:

MLB -- I'd like the Cubs to drop the navy. The roads are growing on me, but I still think they could use a change, perhaps blue lettering with red and white trim and a Chicago font that's more in line with their logos, either the 1990 road font or the sans serif of their secondary. Make the road blue and home blue different besides the player names. (Or better yet, wear only the pinstripes at home).

NBA -- The Bulls are fine as long as they only tinker with the black jersey.

NFL -- I'd like the Cowboys to get their blues straight, preferably a lighter shade than navy.

NHL -- Florida Panthers should go back to red as the primary. Otherwise, they're perfect in my mind.

Arena -- Los Angeles Avengers should go back to the blue facemask. Otherwise OK.

af2 -- Quad-City Steamwheelers -- go back to the first season's uniforms (2000).

The Tampa Bay Lighting is absolutely hideous. The Brush Script fonts and the terrible clip art logo are an embarassment. They come from that terrible time where Illustrator and the computer made it easier to make logos, but bad people made bad things happen with it (see the original Devil Rays, Diamondbacks, Carolina PanthersThe worst thing about them winning the cup is someone might think they need to keep those uniforms now. Take a page out of the Rams book and realize winning in ugly uniforms, doesn't make the uniform better.

Charlotte Bobcats. Worst logo in sports. The font stinks too. The colors are interesting, but they need to rethink the whole thing.

The Packers uniform is perfect, as is the Giants and the Jets. If you don't like them, you have a problem with classic uniforms, but if the league was full of the Denver Broncos, more people would be upset than the few who hate traditional style uniforms.

Charlotte Bobcats. Worst logo in sports. The font stinks too. The colors are interesting, but they need to rethink the whole thing.

Yeah, if I had to vote for a "worst logo" I'd have to agree with you on that. I was so excited for a new professional team, cool nickname, and then BAM! HORRIBLE logo. it was such a letdown.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

New Uniforms...

NFL: Atlanta, Buffalo, Baltimore, Cincinnati, Arizona, Minnesota, Denver (all need to be "de-nikefied") and Seattle (just fix the monochrome thing). The Arena League/CFL/High School look is "modern" and it appeals to the kids I suppose but this is The NFL and these teams should try to look the part.

out of curiosity, but how is Baltimore in this group. I can understand the rest, just not Baltimore.

[ncognito' date=Monday, June 26th, 2006 - 20:28:32] Tampa Bay Lightning. Big time. The color scheme could be nicer, but would be OK as is. The Clip Art logo HAS to go. The uniform design is pretty bland. Sure it may be a traditional style design, but they're an expansion team (well 10 years, but still) they could get away with going with a stylish look. There's some interested potential in their look too. They need an overhaul.

Surprisingly, the Lightning will be 15 years old for the 06-07 season.

New logo and uniforms - Seattle Seahawks. That bird head has and always will be slow and ponderous looking. Start over. A hawk can be a very dynamic subject and this one has always looked slow, heavy and stupid.

New uniforms - Boston Bruins. Those were 80's looking the day they came out with them in the mid 90's and have now been around 15 years. Time for a new look is overdue.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

(NFL)falcons current they should go back to 90s logo (as long as it faces the right way to spell "F")

(NHL)sabers goat logo is ugly and their leaked logo is uglier than that it reminds me of the falcons with an ugly update

(NBA)t-wolves tring to do to much is a bad thing

(MLB)baseball tie Dback's& D-ray's ugly colors for both ugly colors for rays

Close ones:

raptors

bobcats

blue jays

clippers

bucks

sonics

76ers

bills

jags

pats

ravens

bengals

indians

rockies

brewers

padres

ATL

nhl: ottawa-get rid of 3d gladiator use original black jersey as alt. and make red version for home, columbus-bring back bug on shoulder and use alt logo as primary, los angeles-crown too complicated bring back shield

mlb: toronto-get rid of black and graphite bring back muscle bird on the T, yankees-primary doesnt use team colours whats with the hat? take cap logo and put circle around it (like SF alt)

mlb: toronto-get rid of black and graphite bring back muscle bird on the T, yankees-primary doesnt use team colours whats with the hat? take cap logo and put circle around it (like SF alt)

I agree that the Yankees Uncle Sam hat whould use navy not light blue. However the logo is relevant to the team name it's a Uncle Sam top hat and the team is named the Yankees which is another word for American.

New Uniforms...

NFL: Atlanta, Buffalo, Baltimore, Cincinnati, Arizona, Minnesota, Denver (all need to be "de-nikefied") and Seattle (just fix the monochrome thing). The Arena League/CFL/High School look is "modern" and it appeals to the kids I suppose but this is The NFL and these teams should try to look the part.

out of curiosity, but how is Baltimore in this group. I can understand the rest, just not Baltimore.

Yeah you're right. Baltimore isn't "nikefied" they are just plain ugly. They don't belong in the group I listed them in. My mistake. :D

BB52Big.jpg

MLB -- I'd like the Cubs to drop the navy. The roads are growing on me, but I still think they could use a change, perhaps blue lettering with red and white trim and a Chicago font that's more in line with their logos, either the 1990 road font or the sans serif of their secondary. Make the road blue and home blue different besides the player names. (Or better yet, wear only the pinstripes at home).

Totally agree. I think the old blue and red script is more Cub-like than the current skinny, sorta curved "Chicago." I want the names back on all jerseys, too. Having two blue jerseys so that one can be nameless is ridiculous. The navy should be dropped: the BP/ST should just be royal blue with some red here and there, and the primary Cubs logo rather than the bear scrounging for garbage.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived