New Sabres Logo??

gbasalmon

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Horrible, just horrible. A yellow buffalo?

I don't know...I've never seen a Blue and Red one either.

I live about a mile from a buffalo farm...pretty much, they're Brown and Black...

:P

Looks like the Buffalo Bills and San Diego Chargers teamed up and created some bastard offspring.

Not that its that bad, it would be a great shoulder logo, but I can't see that on the front of a uniform...i suppose it wiould rely on the uniform design to determine how good a fit it is

The shape of the buffalo will look off center on a jersey I think....all the the "weight" is to the right and as a crest the front of the jersey is going to look like it is teetering I am afraid.

Also, I downloaded the same files off the Sabres board and the Logos On Deman portion were NOT on those images... why do these show it and mine don't? I clicked on the exact same message links. Isn't it possible that portion was added to add legitimacy to a fake?

When comparing this to the Bills reject logo the Bills logo KICKS this one to the curb.

Not great execution... seems amatuerish in comparison.

Edit to add, who is supposed to be creating this new identity? It seems odd that a professional would mitre the "tail" portion the way they did rather than a point.

To me it looks like someone who is new to an illustration program created it and didn't think to alter that miter angle.... it is SO easy to fix and the way it is shown I can't beleive would be how a studio would finish it off. Square vs. a fluid point?

If you critique it as far as execution it looks amatuerish. If it IS legit someone rushed to finish.

sabreslogo2006-07.jpg

They look like logos for a football team.

Are these the actual upcoming logos for the Sabres? I sorta like it, but it reminds me too much of the Broncos. But, it's good nontheless. I think it should have some legs though.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

Not buying it. Seems like a fake to me. It is very similar to the fake they posted for the Bills several years ago. I don't think there is any way that is the primary logo. Secondary? Maybe. But if they are going with a Bank Gothic font, why keep the old "B" with the sword through it? I can't imagine they would hold onto that secondary logo out of all of them, new colors or not.

Of course, if those are real I'm sure I'll look like a real jack4ss.

Not buying it. Seems like a fake to me. It is very similar to the fake they posted for the Bills several years ago. I don't think there is any way that is the primary logo. Secondary? Maybe. But if they are going with a Bank Gothic font, why keep the old "B" with the sword through it? I can't imagine they would hold onto that secondary logo out of all of them, new colors or not.

Of course, if those are real I'm sure I'll look like a real jack4ss.

Why is there not a wordmark? Tazz said he was looking straight at it and (vaugely) described the wordmark for us. He, too, was looking on LoD. Also, why would they keep that 'B' logo if the wordmark is gonna change? Smells fishy...

Ok, by the way the logo looks, smells like a demon skunk pi$$ed himself.

Twitter • Facebook • Instagram • LinkedIn • Tumblr

Also, if we are to believe Tazz (which I certainly do as his reputation precedes him) in his reply on page 2 of this thread, the Sabres are switching to an Indiana Pacer-like Blue and Gold scheme. Doesn't look like this fills the Bill (no pun intended). Maybe a forger got happy with the Dolphins/Broncos/Bobcats scheme and decided a orangish-red would be the way to go. But who knows. I hope these aren't the real logos, though. If they are I'll still root for them, but damn.

You know the more I look at these the more I will be disappointed if this in fact is legit.

Given that the Ducks marks are pretty uninspired they are still executed well and look clean and finished.

These look like they were thrown together...there is a white gap between the Gray and Navy at the apex of the "hump" on the light background image, I first noticed it on the image I viewed on the Sabres message board.

A gap that is quite obvious and wouldn't actually get missed in a final comp like these. It looks like a poorly rendered vector path. Couple that with the oddly mitered "tail" I say fake, at the risk of being wrong. They just don't look like the quality of design that an NHL club would pay for. Hell maybe the files are so low in resolution that they just look that poor. I dunno.

You know, I swear I've seen the face/head of that buffalo somewhere once before.

RedEye pointed out some good indicators that it might be a fake. It does appear to be a bit sloppy in the execution.

I like the color scheme, but this really looks like a recolor of a Bills concept.

I hope it's a fake... anything short of crossed swords is a tremendous dissappointment.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

Archived