New Sabres Logo??

gbasalmon

If that logo is indeed real, I really hope it was leaked to gauge fan reaction.  Seeing that reaction is overwhelmingly negative, I hope the Sabres have the good sense to go back to the drawing board -- or better yet, 1995.  That would easily solve their problems here.

couldn't agree more with this

and thanks for the compliment RangerJas. I've already gotten quite a few emails from people asking me why I wouldn't sell my designs to the Sabres, and why I was asking so much for them, etc. And the truth is I have not heard one word from the club since meeting with them years ago, right after Golisano came in as owner. So, that discussion can end.

I think your Sabres stuff very well might be the best-known concept set around. Just today, while discussing this current logo 'situation', I had two people who don't follow sports logos and have no knowledge of this board send me the link to your site.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still wonder if this logo was thrown out there to throw off those of us who leak these things early.

Maybe - and we can only hope - that the Sabres' front office is laughing their collective asses off at us right now...

I still wonder if this logo was thrown out there to throw off those of us who leak these things early.

Maybe - and we can only hope - that the Sabres' front office is laughing their collective asses off at us right now...

I'd have felt better had you said that with a wink.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

We'll all be laughing when this is over... that's what I keep telling myself at least.

God I hope so and use something like the ones js made.

saBS.png

This would be a nice modernization of the old logo, colors, and uni.

I would love this if I were a Sabres fan

It's not a modernization of an old logo... it's a new and hideous mockery of the team's identity.

If you were a Sabres fan, you'd be emailing the team and ranting in the local media.

BTW, can anyone PM me a contact at the Sabres? I tried emailing Mike Gilbert, but it kept getting kicked back to me.

Are we looking at the same thing?

I was looking at someone's mock up of what the jersey might look like with the sword/buffalo logo not the newly shown monstrosity of a logo.

This would be a nice modernization of the old logo, colors, and uni.

I would love this if I were a Sabres fan

It's not a modernization of an old logo... it's a new and hideous mockery of the team's identity.

If you were a Sabres fan, you'd be emailing the team and ranting in the local media.

BTW, can anyone PM me a contact at the Sabres? I tried emailing Mike Gilbert, but it kept getting kicked back to me.

Are we looking at the same thing?

Apparently not. I thought you were talking about the leaked logo.

ive ben thinking and i realized.....

these new logos are FAKE

100%

why????

because people are posting them all over the sabres website forums, and the mods obviously look at it and would talk to the higher ups in the sabres organization and tell them these got out.....and they have done NOTHING about it. if these were real they would snatch them up and hide em away again until september, that tommy g is smarter than most think

sabres1-med.gifbills2-med.gifyankees3-med.gifohiost-med.gifusa-med.gif

these new logos are FAKE

100%

why????

because people are posting them all over the sabres website forums, and the mods obviously look at it and would talk to the higher ups in the sabres organization and tell them these got out.....and they have done NOTHING about it. if these were real they would snatch them up and hide em away again until september, that tommy g is smarter than most think

Once they're out, they're out. There's not much the Sabres could do.

As soon as I saw them posted, I saved the images to my computer. Real or fake, no one is going to be able hide them away now.

on wgr today someone said they saw the logo already on a blue t shirt at walmart

anybody know anything about this???

Heard that call and it had to be one of the dumbest people I've ever heard on the radio.

The guy's logic was that he saw the logo at Wal-Mart and figured the ones on the internet are fake because they were made by someone else who also saw the logo on that shirt at Wal-Mart and decided to whip up his own version and put it online. (Go ahead, read it again, that's actually what he said.)

That guy was either wasted or making it up or pranking the station.

That thought has crossed my mind... and if that's the case, kudos to the NHL for 'punking' us :)

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

By not speaking up, they're doing themselves and the community a favor.

Lawsuits, Cease and desist orders, it could get ugly if they talked too much and showed us the logos

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Aren't there people on this board who've seen the real new logo already via Reebok spec sheets, order forms and such?  SPEAK UP FOLKS.  Are we all being yanked here, or is this nice logo (but WRONG for the Sabres) the real McCoy?

Actually, I just got an email from a friend who was shown the new Sabres logo by a Reebok rep and said that that was the one he saw.

these new logos are FAKE

100%

why????

Once they're out, they're out. There's not much the Sabres could do.

As soon as I saw them posted, I saved the images to my computer. Real or fake, no one is going to be able hide them away now.

Well actually, when the ducks logo got leaked out on their official msg boards the admins there quickly took them down.

Lawsuits, Cease and desist orders, it could get ugly if they talked too much and showed us the logos

I'm not trying to be a d*ck here because I love logos and all, but....its just a logo.....for a hockey team. Its not like its the new Play Station 3 or anything.

Archived