New Sabres Logo??

gbasalmon

I wonder... does this mean there will be no slug on the chest? Or that we will see slug and B-sabre sharing the front?

For a primary logo they claim to be happy with, they seem to be making quite an effort to not use it... its absence from that news cutting says a lot.

This is so exciting, it's quickly making me forget about the Bills' loss to the Pats today...

Can't wait for the practice pics to come out on Saturday.

I remember ten years ago when the Aud was filled to capacity for the unveiling of the goathead unis... I wonder how many fans the team expects to show up Saturday?

Do they sell concessions at practice skates? The Sabres will certainly make a lot of money, I imagine the new unis will be on sale at the arena store.

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply
From the Buffalo Sabres Bulletin Board:
the b in the same spot as the captains C but on the other side

Perhaps that's the new element to NHL jerseys. I would prefer it on the shoulder, or front and center.

I wonder... does this mean there will be no slug on the chest? Or that we will see slug and B-sabre sharing the front?

For a primary logo they claim to be happy with, they seem to be making quite an effort to not use it... its absence from that news cutting says a lot.

It's absence from that news cutting is likely because the team has still yet to officially unveil the logo

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

All of this negativity is getting really old. You guys are taking this "Something not currently seen in the NHL" thing way to seriously. I think these are going to look pretty cool and I will be first in line to get one. Just having the original colors back makes it a 100% improvemnet over the Red and Black.

They don't have the original colors back! They have a completely different color scheme. The yellow is darker, and the royal blue was swapped for navy. Navy is not an upgrade over royal blue.

I liked the red and black better because at least they weren't pretending to honor their tradition with that look.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

It's absence from that news cutting is likely because the team has still yet to officially unveil the logo

But the redesigned alternate B-sword logo was in the ad...

the red swooshed horn from the mooterus was used in stuff long before the actual logo was released, too...

the B sword isn't really a new logo, as much as it's a modification of an old logo.

i bet some sabres fans picked up the paper, and didn't realize that they were looking at a new logo.

not all sports fans are as observant as this board.

But the redesigned alternate B-sword logo was in the ad...

the red swooshed horn from the mooterus was used in stuff long before the actual logo was released, too...

the B sword isn't really a new logo, as much as it's a modification of an old logo.

i bet some sabres fans picked up the paper, and didn't realize that they were looking at a new logo.

not all sports fans are as observant as this board.

that was my thought exactly. in fact, I've been saying that this is why it makes sense that for the whole past year they have focused almost all of their advertising efforts on the B-sabre logo. It's the ONE element that is going to be consistant from the angry goat head era to the buffaslug era. Even if people did notice the slight modification, chances are they still see it and immediately say "that's the Sabres." It's kind of a smart move on their part, focusing on that logo over the primaries just to give it a small bit of continuity.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

how is the b-sabre in the ad different than the one currently? i dont see it :P

The font is slightly different. The new one is a little more rounded where the old one was very angular. Also the "hole" in the bottom of the B is larger in the new version than in the previous version.

You can see it better if you look at the old one versus the new one.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

Archived