gbasalmon

New Sabres Logo??

FYI -- uni shorts, hats and coaches sweats at practice yesterday:

http://www.wgr550.com/sabres/fullstory.php?id=1859

I suspect there will be pictures loose on the internet soon.

Here's the craptastic pants/shells...

brier.jpg

lydman.jpg

roykalinin.jpg

Ugggh. That looks terrible. Why dont they just unveil the damn sweater already? Why slowly unveil the uniform, showing first the logo, then the hats, then the pants and gloves. Why mix the old and the new? Just have the team practice in the old gear till saturday then unveil it all at once. Would thatve been so hard to do?

Looks like grey will, unfortunatly, be a primary color. Those shells would look much much better if that stripe was white. They would still, of course, be fugly... but less so.

Are those the Indiana Pacers shorts?

Either that or Nashville Predators shells.

Edited by Sabrejeff

What jersey is that the goalie is wearing? The logo is too round to be the goat head.

that's what i was thinking, it kinda look's like two buffalos in a circle.

These are not organized team practices, the players some players are not on the Sabres.

These are not organized team practices, the players some players are not on the Sabres.

Yeah, I also wouldn't pay too much attention to the goalie's jersey in that pic. I went to a B's informal skate last week and Hannu Toivanen was wearing a Finnish team jersey during the skate, I believe (at least that's what someone told me).

Wow. Way to rip off the Nashville Predators... Why they ever thought to use dark blue, yellow and grey as the primary colours is beyond me...and if they thought a little hint of red would seperate them from other teams...boy they were wrong. I can't wait to see those 2 teams face against each other this season, it shall be a sight. I'm just waiting for the all yellow sabres alt to come out. :P

Wow. Way to rip off the Nashville Predators... Why they ever thought to use dark blue, yellow and grey as the primary colours is beyond me...and if they thought a little hint of red would seperate them from other teams...boy they were wrong. I can't wait to see those 2 teams face against each other this season, it shall be a sight. I'm just waiting for the all yellow sabres alt to come out. :P

They are pretty close to Nashvilles, Look forward to DEC 21 @ Nashville :P

The logo is meh. The pants are great. Very eagerly await the new jerseys.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

The logo is meh. The pants are great. Very eagerly await the new jerseys.

I agree i like the new pants but i'm not that crazy about the logo. I think these jersey's will be nice, at least much better than the duck's jersey

I suppose it's blasphemy to say it, but I don't think the above uniform looks half bad. The logo is awful, but put a good logo on the uniform, and it's not the train wreck that it could be.

The Broncos' template has finally infiltrated the NHL.

Wouldn't the Sharks' current home jersey have been that introduction back in 1998?

While I see your point and I think that you can make a valid case saying the Sharks did it first, I personally find that the extra stripes on the Sharks' sleeves and the lack of side-panel-shorts-continuity are just enough to exempt the Sharks.