New Sabres Logo??

gbasalmon

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I saw this mockup based on rumored/leaked info from someone on the Sabres message board.

Click this link:

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n262/sc...new_concept.png

credit goes to cweibel from those boards.

I'm not sure about it. I kind of wish that the space between the yellow/gray stripes was white.

I kinda like the jersey.

I have nothing to sell. Just a Sabres Fan.

I suppose it's blasphemy to say it, but I don't think the above uniform looks half bad. The logo is awful, but put a good logo on the uniform, and it's not the train wreck that it could be.

I was thinking that too.

It's a bit cluttered with the 2 logos, but I like the striping. Overall, much better than I expected.

The slug still stucks though.

I saw this mockup based on rumored/leaked info from someone on the Sabres message board.

Click this link:

I'm not sure about it. I kind of wish that the space between the yellow/gray stripes was white.

wow if they switched to that it would be horibble. I like the broncos jerseys a lot but it doesn't translate well to hockey. I don't mind the two front logos which doesn't look that bad to me but it's the jersey stripping that ruins it

also they should just have the logo without the wordmark

I serious doubt that they will be Broncoish. If I am right both the Sharks uniforms and Broncos football unis were designed by Nike. I doubt Reebok would essential copy a design that is associated with their competitior.

I hope the don't go this route the Ducks basically ripped of the Penguins and I don't want to see the Sabres rip off the Sharks.

The logo, while not my cup of tea, either, has some potential when mixed with the wordmark on the front of this jersey. I don't mind the uniform as a whole.

Spoiler

New York Rangers. Stanley Cup Champions - 1928, 1933, 1940, 1994. Saskatchewan. Cold. 1905-2022.

I serious doubt that they will be Broncoish. If I am right both the Sharks uniforms and Broncos football unis were designed by Nike. I doubt Reebok would essential copy a design that is associated with their competitior.

I hope the don't go this route the Ducks basically ripped of the Penguins and I don't want to see the Sabres rip off the Sharks.

Well, Reebok now makes the Sharks uniforms........and the Broncos uniforms..........so................

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Click this link:

That uniform with a better logo would be fine....The slug ruins it.

slugbat.jpg

I will admit this: I made that mock up. I myself think it is rather ugly even without the logo on, but, as stated, I used all the info/rumor/gossip I could find to try and draw it up.

As for the Broncos comparison, that is exactly what it is. I read that it had "striping carrying up from the shorts up to the neckline in a curved line, just like the Broncos." When I saw the photos of the shorts' striping, I just carried them up and curved them in.

One thing I failed to notice before making this, however, was the fact that the panel between the gold/grey stripes on the front of the shorts and those on the back is black. If this concept I drew up is close, the jersey panel between the stripes would likely be black too. This leads me to believe they are not quite right as black side panels would most likely terminate under the arm. The apex of the converging stripes might be at the shoulder seam to accomodate that rather than the way I drew it.

Then again, the sweater was designed by those that brought us the slug, so anything (provided it is ugly) is possible.

bloodshot.png

Well, Reebok now makes the Sharks uniforms........and the Broncos uniforms..........so................

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

Yea but part of the controversy with those design is that the stripes are supposed for form the Nike swoosh or something similar. When RBK took over the NFL and NHL those designs were already in use and I'm sure that neither the Broncos nor the Sharks wanted to change their uniforms so RBK is stuck with them. I still doubt they would bring something similar that still has associations with Nike. Although I could be wrong and crazier things have happened.

I found this over at Hockeybuzz.com

The Buffalo blogger got it from a "source" who termed it the "final draft"

Your first tipoff that this was false should have been that it came from hockeybuzz.com which is Eklund's site. You should go through the archives and you will see that practically all of his rumors from inside sources turn out to be wrong. My favorite from this past offseason was where he said there was no way Recchi would return to Pittsburgh the night before he he signed with Pittsburgh.

Some of the bloggers are worthwhile, though.

The Blues blogger, Andy Strickland is great. He's probably the best source regarding the Blues, and he writes great stories.

Naturally.....

Holy freaking crap. I wish I didn't expect you (or someone else) to say something like that.

Andy Strickland is great. Many fans from other teams on that site consider him one of the best blogger's there.

I however didn't say anything about him in comparison to any other bloggers. I said he's the best Blues source around. Didn't say he was the best writer on the site.

I spoke about him to give the site a little bit of credit because he's on of the bloggers I'm familar with.

Seriously, cut the homer accusation crap out. It bothers me ever time, but there's times when you can legitimatley say it...but right there...it doesn't even make any sense.

I'm sure you didn't say it half as seriously as I took it, but jeeze, just shut up already.

I will admit this: I made that mock up. I myself think it is rather ugly even without the logo on, but, as stated, I used all the info/rumor/gossip I could find to try and draw it up.

As for the Broncos comparison, that is exactly what it is. I read that it had "striping carrying up from the shorts up to the neckline in a curved line, just like the Broncos." When I saw the photos of the shorts' striping, I just carried them up and curved them in.

One thing I failed to notice before making this, however, was the fact that the panel between the gold/grey stripes on the front of the shorts and those on the back is black. If this concept I drew up is close, the jersey panel between the stripes would likely be black too. This leads me to believe they are not quite right as black side panels would most likely terminate under the arm. The apex of the converging stripes might be at the shoulder seam to accomodate that rather than the way I drew it.

Then again, the sweater was designed by those that brought us the slug, so anything (provided it is ugly) is possible.

Black? In seeing them on TV, it still looked blue to me, albeit a darker shade. Black? Oh, please no! I was hoping that the side panel was just a different fabric than the rest (i.e reflective vs. matted) or something like that.

Black? Urgh!

Archived