New Sabres Logo??

gbasalmon

I agree - I'd rather have pieces of information strewn about from this person and the next that are in the know rather than just have it all thrown upon us. It's actually rather fun to try to put together different aspects and see how close you were to what it actually was - almost like reading a book and then watching the movie.

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

im quite aware its more modified than that. i don't have the font to work with, and im not shelling out money for the font so i couldn't do anything with it except do a recolor. if anyone has bought the font, they are certainly more than welcome to try an educated guess at what the wordmark would look like.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Forget all the Sabres conjecture, I want to know what RedEye has on the backburner! :D

(Incidentally I have NOTHING on the burner)......anybody need anything burned?

Sounds like this Sabres thing will be good though and make lots of old-schoolers happy. Not often a team turns back away from the dark side (using black) so I'm looking forward to it.

Also, I am all in favor of delayed reveals whenever possible. That's not a referrendum on leaks (which I love) but I mean the closer a team delays the reveal to the start of the season the better.

The Ducks is one of a million examples (Vikes too) whereby revealing in the offseason results in no immediate outlet for your support of the change. Instead it gives people like us months to decide just how much they hate it.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

Ah, Sterling, if only I didn't need the money I'd spill the beans... can't lose out on the moolah. HA!

Congrats on that cutie in you sig by the way! They are a joy... mine is almost two and has single handedly refocused my spare time from designing a lot to playing a lot... without a complaint from papa!

Now back to the conjecture...

If things look even remotely close to what I am envisioning following Taz's descriptions, this will be the first Sabres jersey I buy.

Has anyone ever seen these sabres concept jerseys?

http://www.celsiusdesign.net/sabres/photo.html

sh0ckwave -First off, welcome to the boards!

I forgive you because you seem to be a newcomer to these boards. Others would lash out at you because of the offence.

Those Celsius designs have been around since 2003. Most of us have seen them. They do look good, yes, but it's been confirmed the Sabres will not be using them.

Has anyone ever seen these sabres concept jerseys?

http://www.celsiusdesign.net/sabres/photo.html

Yes. Member js did that. Though not for that site. Hmmm.

Actually, celsiusdesign is js's own site.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Someone is now claiming on the Sabres.com message boards that some leak is "real". This is beyond annoying now.....but, whatever what can you expect...people are anxious.

http://www.sabres.com/forums/messageview.c...2&enterthread=y

Check that out if you wish, the one person on there linked a page in which there are pictures of a logo that are "real"....along with a ducks logo...just check it out

By Tazz's standards:

-Pacers colors? Check

-Something considered a buffalo... check

-...facing right? check

-Elements of the Bobcats? check - profile in motion

-Dolphins? check - curved shape

-Broncos? check - crazy motion lines

-Modified Bank Gothic font? check - looking at the alternate

Uh oh!

By Tazz's standards:

-Pacers colors? Check

-Something considered a buffalo... check

-...facing right? check

-Elements of the Bobcats? check - profile in motion

-Dolphins? check - curved shape

-Broncos? check - crazy motion lines

-Modified Bank Gothic font? check - looking at the alternate

Uh oh!

hmm........someone could be on to something. Check it out

http://www.sabres.com/forums/messageview.c...2&enterthread=y

one of the last persons that posted on that page, linked a photo of the entire photo that Sleepingtoad posted.....Interesting. The link was called "The Whole F'n Ugly......etc.", its a hyper link starting out with those words

new poster here....

I am a buffalo sabres fan and those things are absolutly ugly! I am hoping that they are fake!! :cursing:

Although, I don't think the buffalo sabres organization would let that pass, would you? I pretty sure they know the fans want the old logo or something along those lines.

Did someone save that picture from the Sabres message board? I tried to click on it and it is coming up "Not Found" on the web page. If someone happened to save it I would appreciate it if they would post it.

Did someone save that picture from the Sabres message board? I tried to click on it and it is coming up "Not Found" on the web page. If someone happened to save it I would appreciate it if they would post it.

AGREED!

IF SOMEONE SAVED THIS IMAGE, PLEASE POST IT.

Reading the thread, the guy took it off shortly after he put it up, with a note to gmcc24 that it should be saved in gmcc24's browser cache. So, looks like it's all on you, buddy.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

http://sabresfans.proboards66.com/index.cg...read=1151446127

There ya go, the pic is on that page. the most interesting about that pic....at the very bottom of it, where the fine print is..its says the place Tazz mentioned early Logosondemand.net.....so this may be legit

Archived