New Sabres Logo??

gbasalmon

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This logo=counselor of Camp Anawanna.

Ah, yes. That takes me back...

And, they might grow on me, but right now I agree, it's Ugh Lee.

*gives new Sabres logo an awful waffle*

LOL I was waiting for someone to get that reference.

You used to hold me

Tell me that I was the best

Anything in this world I want

I could posses

All that made me want

Was all that I can get

In order to survive

Gotta learn to live with regrets

-President Carter

The entire city of Buffalo is now batting 1.000 in ugly redesigns. Awesome.

Hopefully the Sabres organization is watching the feedback from this "leak." Hopefully they recognize they've made a terrible move.

There is still plenty enough time to hire someone competent and get this done right. Like those js designs, hint hint.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

See... this is why I shouldn't come in this thread, which I already said I would do three pages ago (but never really believed I'd live up to). I'm... I'd say... 80% sure that's fake... yet I'm still nearly in tears from the overwhelming, crushing ugly.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

im praying those logos arent real..there horrible..

im thinkin there fake..because....

i thought u couldnt have a secondary logo until 2 yrs after coming out with new logos..correct me if im wrong but i was told the ducks didnt have shoulder patches because they couldnt..

im praying those logos arent real..there horrible..

im thinkin there fake..because....

i thought u couldnt have a secondary logo until 2 yrs after coming out with new logos..correct me if im wrong but i was told the ducks didnt have shoulder patches because they couldnt..

You can't have an alternate jersey. Secondary logos are fine though. Phoenix had a secondary logo when they came out with their new package.

"The Buffalo Sabres are expected to unveil their new blue and yellow logo and uniforms in the next few weeks."

--June 16, 2006 from the sportslogos.net (New Ducks Logo Found Early)

the picture says september 2006 and that would not be "in the next few weeks"...that would be "in the next few months." So wouldn't the logo be unvieled sometime between now and mid-July? Unless someone can give me proof that they will not be unvieled until september, then I will closer to believing this. I am not believing anything until i see it/hear it from either sabres.com, the buffalo news, or wgr 550.

I am hoping that these are not it because they are hideous...

the 2 main reasons to change our logo was:

1. Blue & Gold

2. Logo with a buffalo and sabre(s) on it

please...don't screw this up!!!

"The Buffalo Sabres are expected to unveil their new blue and yellow logo and uniforms in the next few weeks."

I believe that was speculation on Chris' part.

I believe that was speculation on Chris' part.

yes, speculation based on rumblings, that's why i said "expected" :)

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

Confirmed via one of my reliable sources as well... and I think Tazz is confirming it just by not posting in this thread since we've seen the latest design.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

I think the question now is, why is someone trying to squeeze a golden, robotic buffalo out of a tube of toothpaste in the first place?

Or, as the user "adaira" pointed out on the SabreSFans.com message board, why is it Barney Rubble's hair?

barneylogo1.jpg

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

Woah.... If this was an expansion franchise, I would see the logo as odd because there is no body. I like the head, but I have trouble with the body just shown as a swooshy streak. It looks incomplete.

But, with this being the new Sabres logo, I just don't like it. Knowing the plea from the fans... I feel like they could've done better. Again, this seems to fall in to the "Why Bother?" category for me.

Archived