New NBA Ball?

Carter23

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe it's his new deputy commissioner. Wouldn't that be something to see a man crawl out of that box?

Heh, in any case, I can live with it as long as it's not filled with colored panels and such.

So I guess this means that over half of the teams in the NBA will have to update their logos? The teams with more major changes would be the Heat, Pistons, Pacers, the LA teams, Nets, Knicks, Magic and Sixers because those logos concentrate more on the basketball.

So I guess this means that over half of the teams in the NBA will have to update their logos? The teams with more major changes would be the Heat, Pistons, Pacers, the LA teams, Nets, Knicks, Magic and Sixers because those logos concentrate more on the basketball.

good point

My big question is...what is the advantage of this new ball? To change one of the most fundamental parts of the sport...there's gotta be at least one advantage. It can't be all aesthetic, can it? Because then it would be change solely for the sake of change.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

My big question is...what is the advantage of this new ball? To change one of the most fundamental parts of the sport...there's gotta be at least one advantage. It can't be all aesthetic, can it? Because then it would be change solely for the sake of change.

The NBA's equivalent of swift jerseys. Let's hope not.

I don't think that the ball would Be the same one in the pictures from the ASG. There wouldn't be a point to making it a big unveiling if it's already been used.

Obviously the NBA didn't understand that the lines on a basketball resemble the lines on the court.(just take away one of the straight lines)

You didn't hear? The NBA is redesigning the basketball court, too.

Save the slugalo.

WTF? That's not a basketball! That's it, I'm never watching the NBA again.

Okey dokey, don't let the door hit you on the way out. :P

Seriously, you're not going to watch NBA again over a ball??? I mean, it's petty. And actually, I like this ball better than the old one. Makes it look more sleek-ish. The black ball would be cool for a few minutes, then it would get old. So yeah, orange ball = upgrade, black ball = downgrade.

Did anybody watch the WWF back in the hayday of wrestling? Vince McMahon once had a box with question marks all over it and promised a big surprise at Survivor Series. Was it a new championship, a new belt, a new something exciting?!?!? Fans all over the United States payed big money to see the event live on PPV, and then they opened the box.

It was a multicolored turkey.

That was it.

A turkey.

He got out and pranced around, and even Mean Gean Okerlund got out into the ring and danced with the bird. Heck, he even triped and fell onto the mat. Think that's funny? The faithful in Hartford, CT didn't think so, and they booed for nearly the rest of the night. wrestlecrap.com is based on this event, and is a great website if you loved old-school wrestling.

Anyways, that's what came to mind first. That, and a red white and blue ball.

WTF?  That's not a basketball!  That's it, I'm never watching the NBA again.

Saying that isnt a basketball just because its mildly different in construction from the current one is like saying this year's world cup soccer ball aint a soccer ball because it aint shaped like ones usually are.

oBIgzrL.png

Archived