2006 NBA Draft Thread

Gary

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Suns have traded Brian Grant and their 21st pick to Boston for Cash for Brian Grant and next years 1st round pick, and selects Rajon Rondo, Guard, Kentucky

Very proud of the NEW JERSEY NETS. Rod Thorn did an excellent job with the picks picking to UCONN stars. A steal in Williams who can play in a New Jersey Nets style offense and backup and learn from on of the best PG in the NBA in Jason Kidd. Boone who is a shot blocking big man they needed. Both picks will feel comfortable playing with each cause they played in college. NJ need a PG and a Big man and they addressed that.

A+ Job by the New Jersey Nets

Sidenote - What the hell were the Knicks thinking with taking a 2nd round pick at #20. I understand you have 4 gaurds already but one or two of them need and probably eventually will be moved. You needed a pick to restore Knicks' fans faith in the organization with the all the circus going on in that ball club and Williams was that pick and they passed. Only faith now is that you have to trust Isiah Thomas' draft history because he has a very good one.

FLUFFING DANNY AINGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First he trades away antoine for um nothing, then davis, banks and blount, for wally and kandi man(Both have STILL underacheaved), then he trades away out pic AND LaFrentz for telfair, and a fat, old, player with a BIG movadtion problem, THEN he trades away out 1st round pick NEXT year(with will be in the top 3 mark my words) for greant and a NOTHER point guard(yep thats our like um 6th or 7 there), AND to top it all off, there is a rumor that he will trade away green, jefferson and wally for iverson, are u kidding me, NONE of these deals are good for the ream.

As a diehard Celtics fan my whole life i ask for the resignation of Danny Ainge........or ELSE :evil:

ok i feel better now

First he trades away antoine for um nothing, then davis, banks and blount, for wally and kandi man(Both have STILL underacheaved), then he trades away out pic AND LaFrentz for telfair, and a fat, old, player with a BIG movadtion problem, THEN he trades away out 1st round pick NEXT year(with will be in the top 3 mark my words) for greant and a NOTHER point guard(yep thats our like um 6th or 7 there), AND to top it all off, there is a rumor that he will trade away green, jefferson and wally for iverson, are u kidding me, NONE of these deals are good for the ream.

As a diehard Celtics fan my whole life i ask for the resignation of Danny Ainge........or ELSE :evil:

ok i feel better now

I dont know very much about the Celtics but I think you guys got a steal getting Telfair and Ratlif. Telfair is a young guy who is only going to get better and Ratlif in my mind is one of the best shoot blockers in the leauge. If you get Allen Iverson then you get a top 3 scorer in the leauge. Why would you be made about that.

This could pottentaily be your starting lineup next year.

PG: Telfair

SG: Iverson

SF: Pierce

PF: Al Jefferson

C: Ratlif

sound pretty good to me.

Ugh...the Nets are trying to do their best to make me actually care about them....

First they picked up Cliff Robinson during the season...now they draft Marcus Williams & Josh Boone...

Hell, they might as well rename themselves the New Jersey Huskies at this point.

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

ok i feel better now

I dont know very much about the Celtics but I think you guys got a steal getting Telfair and Ratlif. Telfair is a young guy who is only going to get better and Ratlif in my mind is one of the best shoot blockers in the leauge. If you get Allen Iverson then you get a top 3 scorer in the leauge. Why would you be made about that.

This could pottentaily be your starting lineup next year.

PG: Telfair

SG: Iverson

SF: Pierce

PF: Al Jefferson

C: Ratlif

sound pretty good to me.

well jerrerson wont be there if we get iverson, and ratliff is on the downside of his career, with a BIG fat contract, his skills are not they used to be so its just a waste, i though we was rebuilding, and now they might blow that sky high for a bunch of old players that wont play well toghter and we be stuck with a old crappy team and NO draft pick next year in the first round to help us

I think that Ratliff played much better when in Philadelphia and Atlanta than in Portland. Some big men just play better in the East, and I think Ratliff is one of them. All the same, if you look at the Atlantic Division, the only teams with good big men are the Raptors and the Nets. So really, keeping Olowakandi (who plays decent occasionally) and adding Ratliff is pretty good.

However, trading away Green and Jefferson for Iverson hurts a lot. Iverson and Paul Pierce on the same team reminds me a little bit of Glenn Robinson and Iverson together. It was just silly.

If it does happen, however, I'm pretty sure which no. 3 jersey sells the best next year.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived