Sabres concept

Shane Does Art

i dont know what this fixation with connecting the buffalo sabres with a buffalo is. 1st of all the team is called the sabres not the buffalos. 2nd of all the city is named after its famous buffalo wings not the animal. :mad:

Me make fire...

4kv29i.jpg

They are called Buffalo Wings because the person who came up with the sauce was from Buffalo. The food is named after the city not the other way around.

Actually, the sauce already existed. The idea of frying wings and eating them was 'invented' in Buffalo

Buffalo wings were first prepared at the Anchor Bar on Main Street, near the corner of North Street, Buffalo, on October 3, 1964. Teressa Bellissimo, co-owner of the Anchor Bar with her husband Frank, had the idea of deep frying chicken wings and tossing them in hot sauce for her son Dominic and his friends. One evening, on a spur of the moment, Teressa presented her son with a deep-fried and sauced creation, and they were an instant hit. At the time the recipe was created, chicken wings were typically thrown away or reserved for making stock.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

Archived