Red Sox to hold 1986 reunion

brinkeguthrie

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/5732446

The 1986 Boston Red Sox can't seem to escape the New York Mets.

The 20th anniversary of the ill-fated team that lost the World Series will be observed in a ceremony before Tuesday night's game at Fenway Park. Wade Boggs will be there. So will Bruce Hurst, Jim Rice, Dennis "Oil Can" Boyd and others.

Oh, yes, the Mets will be there, too, opening a three-game series in which Pedro Martinez faces the Red Sox on Wednesday for the first time since leaving after Boston's 2004 World Series championship.

bull:censored:  Buckner is a whimp. bull:censored:

It's the Red Sox fans that made that man's life hell for YEARS. Next time you get repeated death threats and have people treat you like the muh' fuggin' anti-Christ THEN you call call Bill Buckner a whimp!

I, for one, don't blame him if he never steps foot in Boston again.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

bull:censored:  Buckner is a whimp. bull:censored:

It's the Red Sox fans that made that man's life hell for YEARS. Next time you get repeated death threats and have people treat you like the :censored:ing anti-Christ THEN you call call Bill Buckner a whimp.

I, for one, don't blame him if he never steps foot in Boston again.

greg beat me to the punch, but the hell Buckner went through over 20 years, he has pretty much hated anything that is Red Sox Fan. I really don't blame him for not going.

i dont even know what he should be afraid of hed probably be cheered nowadays.

actually i GUARANTEE it.

thats not the point of him being cheered, he hates the red sox fans and wants nothing to do with them.

I'm Red Sox fan and I never blame Buckner.

Sure, he lost that ball... but the Game 6 was lost thanks to McNamara, Schiraldi and Stanley.

When Buckner lost that ball the game was already tied.

And there was the chance of winning the Game 7. And actually Boston was leading that in the early innings.

Shut up the blaming against that poor man.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Archived