Jays to wear Canada Day Unis

29a

^ I'm sure you do.

I was pretty dissapointed when I saw them. it's hardly something unique, it's just a quick patch-up job. The fans had quuite the collection of red uniforms though, for every other Blue Jays design there has been, there was a red design present.

I was really bummed about the hat. All they did was slap a flag ont he side of the black cap. they have some basic red designs int eh fasion shop, it would have been nice to have had at least a well designed hat for the game like they have in the past.

The dissapointment isn't that bad, since it was such a good game. BJ Ryan is a beast once he gets out there

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm dissapointed. They could have made this into a very cool, very fun promotion that could have really stirred up some national and team pride. I would have much rather seen some unique jerseys, that instead of saying "Jays" it could have said "Canada", and the jerseys should have been red with white piping. Also, I would have much rather seen red or black hats with the Canadien (sp?) leaf on the front, and the Jay's logo on the back. I realize this would be costly and probably never used again, but I can bet merchandise sales would be through the roof, and maybe bring new fans to the team. "Don't just root for the Jays, root for Canada!"

I'm dissapointed. They could have made this into a very cool, very fun promotion that could have really stirred up some national and team pride. I would have much rather seen some unique jerseys, that instead of saying "Jays" it could have said "Canada", and the jerseys should have been red with white piping. Also, I would have much rather seen red or black hats with the Canadien (sp?) leaf on the front, and the Jay's logo on the back. I realize this would be costly and probably never used again, but I can bet merchandise sales would be through the roof, and maybe bring new fans to the team. "Don't just root for the Jays, root for Canada!"

They did sell a T-shirt commemorating the game...it was red...with a big silk screened flag on the front along with the text saying how July 1st was Jays vs. Philly. Looks like they put more work into that than they did into the jerseys or caps.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived