The next NHL outdoor Game?

jkrdevil

Apperntly there is a possibility that the Rangers would play the Islanders at Yankee Stadium on January 1st. Right now the problem is if Yankee Stadium could support such an event with it's age and the time to put it together. I would assume if Fenway can host a hockey game the Stadium could. If it does end up taking place the game would be on NBC.

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/longisla...&vote24116910=1

Kind of wish it would be a Devils-Rangers game though.

there is still nothing i'd enjoy more than seeing a heritage classic between the stars and the wild.

host it in minnesota. stars wearing the north stars sweaters from 1967, and the wild wearing their old school reds.

the alumni game can be retired members of the stars/northstars/wild (if the wild even have any retired players yet), randomly put onto two teams. both teams can wear north stars jerseys, since both teams share the history of the north stars.

i'd love nothing more than that.

That'd be cool, Cole, but you'd have to wait until 2009, when the new Gopher football stadium is supposed to open, or 2010, when the Twins are to open their new stadium.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

That'd be cool, Cole, but you'd have to wait until 2009, when the new Gopher football stadium is supposed to open, or 2010, when the Twins are to open their new stadium.

Not necessarily. Minnesota and Minnesota-Duluth were discussing playing at the Metrodome for a while, but the schools decided that it was too costly. There's no reason that the Wild couldn't pull it off...

Moose

edit - I found an old Inside College Hockey.com story that mentions both the Metrodome game, and the Fenway games (both BC and BU are playing, but not each other). See the last paragraph...

there is still nothing i'd enjoy more than seeing a heritage classic between the stars and the wild.

host it in minnesota. stars wearing the north stars sweaters from 1967, and the wild wearing their old school reds.

the alumni game can be retired members of the stars/northstars/wild (if the wild even have any retired players yet), randomly put onto two teams. both teams can wear north stars jerseys, since both teams share the history of the north stars.

i'd love nothing more than that.

Loving that idea!!!

minn.png

Not necessarily. Minnesota and Minnesota-Duluth were discussing playing at the Metrodome for a while, but the schools decided that it was too costly. There's no reason that the Wild couldn't pull it off...

Moose

edit - I found an old Inside College Hockey.com story that mentions both the Metrodome game, and the Fenway games (both BC and BU are playing, but not each other). See the last paragraph...

But if it's played at the Metrodome it would be inside.

I heard that any "outdoor" hockey game in Minnesota involving the Gophers would not be happening at the Metrodome, but would likely be held on campus at the new Gopher Football stadium after it's completed.

Which is a good thing in my mind. Your outdoor hockey game really should be, well, outdoors now, shouldn't it?

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I heard that any "outdoor" hockey game in Minnesota involving the Gophers would not be happening at the Metrodome, but would likely be held on campus at the new Gopher Football stadium after it's completed.

Which is a good thing in my mind. Your outdoor hockey game really should be, well, outdoors now, shouldn't it?

Well, yeah, it should be outdoors. However, that doesn't change the fact that a year ago (before the reality of TCF Bank Stadium in 2009 existed) the Gophers and Bulldogs were talking about playing at the Metrodome... Now, should they (or the Wild, for that matter) wait until the new outdoor Gopher football stadium is built? I suppose, but they could still have a game in the Dome if they wanted... No one's don't that, as far as I know...

Moose

Well, yeah, it should be outdoors. However, that doesn't change the fact that a year ago (before the reality of TCF Bank Stadium in 2009 existed) the Gophers and Bulldogs were talking about playing at the Metrodome... Now, should they (or the Wild, for that matter) wait until the new outdoor Gopher football stadium is built? I suppose, but they could still have a game in the Dome if they wanted... No one's don't that, as far as I know...

Moose

It's been done. The Lightning used to play their home games at what is now called Tropicana Field.

It's been done. The Lightning used to play their home games at what is now called Tropicana Field.

CIN01015_336.jpg

Thun-der-dome! Thun-der-dome!

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

They should have one at Dolphins Stadium one year. :P

[RUNS]

I would SO go to that game.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Archived