Who's Better?

theone28

If you watched the playoffs, you already know.

Honestly, Bron may be more talented, but who's got that killer instinct? Who's got the most heart? Who showed up when it was crunch time and put his team on his back and simply said, "There is only one rule. We will not lose" then went out and manifested it.

Let me help you...it ain't Bron.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

This coudl be a question taht is deabted for years to come if this years postseason is any indication once the Cavs add a few more players LeBron too wil be able to play in the Finals and thats when the fun might trully begin.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

the heat have shaq. nuff said

seriously put shaq on the cavs and they would have won the finals

The same Shaq that actually cost his team game 1 and almost cost them games 4 and 6 with his free throw shooting. The same Shaq that scored in single digits twice?

Wade went for 40 twice and averaged 34 a game. Shaq is a role player. He's still good, but he ain't THAT good.

People always talk about wanting an athlete with heart, who plays above his level of talent because he refuses to lose. Well that guy is D-Wade. Embrace, don't hate.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

So if LeBron and Wade are competing to be as good as Jordan, Wade's a bit ahead but LeBron's path looks a lot like Jordan's as well (early failures, losing to the Pistons, etc.)

Just curious what people think Carmelo's ceiling is? He's clearly talented and might be the best SF in the West. He's having a very difficult time making the All-Star team due to the wealth of strong PFs in the West (Duncan, Nowitkzi, Garnett and Brand) and his teams have been less than stable.

However, he has made the playoffs in each of his three seasons (only Wade can say the same, and he's played in a weaker conference). He has averaged in the high 20s, and the best player on his team besides him is the super-fragile Marcus Camby or the 5'5" Earl Boykins.

I don't know. I don't think Carmelo will turn into Larry Bird or Magic Johnson any time soon, and I don't think Denver will ever have the efficient/patient/smart front office like a San Antonio or a Phoenix. I don't think his skills allow him to take over games like LeBron or Wade (and he doesn't get the star foul treatment yet), because he can't pass as well as LeBron and he can't shoot as well as Wade. He gets to the line, has a decent field goal percentage and gets 4-8 boards per game. By all accounts, he's a very good player, but not dominant.

So what level should we expect from him? Tracy McGrady? Grant Hill?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

D-wade had success in Miami before Shaq got there. I know people want to chalk everything Miami did up to Shaq coming in, but the fact of the matter is that Dwyane Wade was successful before Shaq ever got there. And yes, Shaq played a part in the success this year, but he was in no way shape or form the man responsible for it. He's an aging man banking on his former abilities. He keeps defenses honest, that's about it. He's not the most dominant player in the game by any stretch of the word. And between Lebron and D-Wade, I have to lean towards D-wade. Regardless of those placed around him, he performs. Lebron has a huge amount of talent, but it doesn't appear as though he has that instinct in him that tells him to just take over and shred.

They are 2 different types of players. This goes in the category for dumb comparisons...

Ovechkin vs Crosby (sniper vs playmaker...uh yeah, its like asking do you like the citrus taste in oranges or the citrus taste in apples, sounds dumb right...keep reading).

Mario vs Wayne

Phaneuf vs Bourque (apparently i've heard this...stupid)

there are plenty of other types of comparisons but yeah, i won't lie i am a fan of Lebron, but i am a huge fan of D-Wade. When he was drafted i kept telling my friends that forget Lebron or Lardello Anthony and watch Wade become a star.

They are 2 different players, both offer something the other can't. If Lebron had Shaq on his squad and some of the good veteran support and a solid coach like Miami did, maybe people would be singing a different tune...

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

D-wade had success in Miami before Shaq got there. I know people want to chalk everything Miami did up to Shaq coming in, but the fact of the matter is that Dwyane Wade was successful before Shaq ever got there. And yes, Shaq played a part in the success this year, but he was in no way shape or form the man responsible for it. He's an aging man banking on his former abilities. He keeps defenses honest, that's about it. He's not the most dominant player in the game by any stretch of the word. And between Lebron and D-Wade, I have to lean towards D-wade. Regardless of those placed around him, he performs. Lebron has a huge amount of talent, but it doesn't appear as though he has that instinct in him that tells him to just take over and shred.

they made it to the 2nd round in 2004 beating New Orleans? not really success the only good teams in the east that year was detroit and new jersey

I don't even follow the NBA and I can tell you that the differences in their situations alone make them not very compareable.

Age/Experience

Wade is 24. James is 21. (They are actually more like 2 years apart though, LeBron's b-day in december, wade's in january) Wade at least had 2 years at D1 school to prepare. LeBron was playing 5' tall nobodies.

Hype/Pressure

Before Lebron stepped on the court he had all kinds of pressure to live up to. Best since Jordan, As good as jordan....BETTER than Jordan??? This was being said when he was 15. Wade was from Marquette. Enough said.

They are both fantastic players. Its going to be fun to watch them battle in the years to come. But what LeBron has accomplished, dispite the hype is nothing short of amazing. I think its like all the other debates of "who's better" Nobody's really wrong, because in the end, its us the fans that win.

D-Wade has Shaq. That's the bottomline. He doesn't get anything that resembles the defensive looks that Lebron gets every time down the court. Shaq may be a shell of him former self, but there's not a team in the League that's dumb enough to not double team him (except for Detroit, but that's because they can get away with it). Not to mention the fact that D-Wade has become the referees darling. Not even Lebron gets some of the calls that Wade gets.

And keep in mind... Lebron is 3 years younger and 3 years out of HIGH SCHOOL!!!

IUe6Hvh.png

In my opinion i think they are both great players. Each of them have upsides.

Wade brings toughness and a strong mentallity. Hes a slasher that goes into the paint at will. He brings a lot of intensity to the game. He probably has one of the best 18 foot jumpers in the nba. He is a player that plays better than his ability.

James is the most well rounded player in the league. He fills the stat sheet. Anticipates and reads the game well. Unselfish player. He is fast yet strong at the same time. He can knock down the three or take you inside.

I think that its to hard to judge now. They each have different teams and different styles. In my opinion Lebron or Wade has not reached their potential. When it's said and done Lebron will have his rings and Wade will have his rings. I think that when they hit their peaks, Lebron will be better just because he has so much potential.

Archived