New Bucks logo preview

jiriwelsch

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All recent jerseys have been split between nickname and city: Hornets, Pacers, Grizzlies, Jazz, Nuggets, Cavaliers, Pistons. I'd assume the Bucks will do the same.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

No proof yet of anything beyond that cap.  But the reports so far are that they will wear green on the road.

http://www.onmilwaukee.com/sports/articles...suni050506.html

Multiple sources told OnMilwaukee.com that the Bucks will unveil new uniforms next season, ditching the purple, green and silver color palette for a green, red and white scheme that more closely resembles the threads that the team wore during the early 1980s. (emphasis mine)

That would be green. But nothing official yet.

"New uniforms, expected to be unveiled in September, are rumoured to be red with green trim. "

- Chris Creamer's Sportslogo.net

I knew the uniforms were more than likely gonna be more RED and not GREEN. I just had that feelin thats why i ask was people for sure knew it was gonna be green.

Maybe that was an error. It'd make much more sense if they were green since they're going neo-retro. Additionally, the Cavaliers wear that same shade of red, and the Bulls also wear red.

Additionally, the Cavaliers wear that same shade of red, and the Bulls also wear red.

Actually, the Cavaliers wear a slightly darker shade of Red...you might be thinking of the Heat's alternate unis which are darker - and ARE the same shade of Red as the Cavs.

All recent jerseys have been split between nickname and city: Hornets, Pacers, Grizzlies, Jazz, Nuggets, Cavaliers, Pistons. I'd assume the Bucks will do the same.

I've actually heard that the (green) road jerseys will say Bucks. The Senator doesn't think Milwaukee can be "read" on the jerseys.

Question for you guys: Can the ball on the secondary logo be fixed, or is it already too late? I'm talking about the seams vs. the newly unveiled NBA ball. It's sort of dumb if the logo is wrong from day one.

WHy is the silver stroke on the Bucks left (our right) side of the neck thicker than the other?

Intentional? Or sloppy?

Good catch...what's up with THAT?

Actually, now that I look even closer.

Not only is the stroke off, but the triangle appears to not be centered behind the other artwork.

See it?

EDIT* Allow me to clarify, it MAY be centered... but if it is, it's based on some NON symmetrical aspect of the deer/text artwork that I cannot pick up with the naked eye. While the triangle appears to be centered at the bottom of the piece directly under the "C", the triangle appears off above the text.

Note where the triangle meets the shoulders of the animal. On the right it comes to a point, on the left there is a gap.

I'm trying so hard not to hate this.......it's not easy.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

Note where the triangle meets the shoulders of the animal. On the right it comes to a point, on the left there is a gap.

I see what you mean - good catch again. And it's an ugly error. Perhaps it's due to the outline being thicker on the right side (deer's left side), or perhaps the deer just has bigger muscles on his left side than the right.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I'm going to add to the almost ridiculous but somehow extremely addicting nit picking of this logo....

the top part of the "U" is missing a small grey shadow on the serif part. The part on the left arm of the "U".

If this is the final logo then it would be a shame because of how sloppy it was done.

I'm officially looking too hard at this "new" logo.

I'm fairly sure the text is centered within its containment box. But due to the crazy serifs on the "B", centered becomes ... not centered. For lack of a better term.

Technically it is, if you count the serif points, but look in the corners. Not how much more space there is between the "B" and the edge of the containment shape vs how little space there is between it and the "S".

I just don't understand all these irregularities on what should be a shockingly symmetrical mark.

Whoa...this just in. The nose element isn't centered either! What is going on? THe nose is further from the jaw on the left than the right.

This is leading me to question to a lesser degree why the only non-symm element is the underside of the neck? What does that add?

I'm going to add to the almost ridiculous but somehow extremely addicting nit picking of this logo....

the top part of the "U" is missing a small grey shadow on the serif part. The part on the left arm of the "U".

If this is the final logo then it would be a shame because of how sloppy it was done.

Yes it is. ANother good catch.

And FWIW...I double checked this image vs the one in the paper this morning and it is the same. This is final artwork.

OK, part of me thinks you're crazy nuts for picking this thing to bits... but the other part of me is just as anal retentive and will point out that the... I guess you would call them "eyebrows" (the little white hashmarks under the horns, but above the eyes) are not symmetrical either.

My best guess is that it is intentionally asymmetrical. Just a little off to make it seem more organic.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

OK, part of me thinks you're crazy nuts for picking this thing to bits... but the other part of me is just as anal retentive and will point out that the... I guess you would call them "eyebrows" (the little white hashmarks under the horns, but above the eyes) are not symmetrical either.

My best guess is that it is intentionally asymmetrical. Just a little off to make it seem more organic.

hear that?

thats you falling into our trap of overthinking and nit picking!

:P

I've actually heard that the (green) road jerseys will say Bucks. The Senator doesn't think Milwaukee can be "read" on the jerseys.

Oh, poppycock!

milscript.jpg

Perfectly legible to me. You're no good, Kohl.

Archived