Soccer crest for my high school

patsox

DogsSoccer.png

The story is that the bottom portion is the field we play at and that's about it. I need hekp on proportioning it better i think please. Please help. I would like to make this professional looking and actually use it.

C+C please...

I need hekp on proportioning it better i think please. Please help. I would like to make this professional looking and actually use it.

C+C please...

Please?

:shocked:

Use actual lines and geometric shapes. Don't use gradients. Use a real font. Fill in colors correctly. Don't have random lines coming out of random places (i.e. the side). Make the lines that belong have some kind of consistency to them. Make things symmetrical. Start over.

jesus christ. lay off the guy. if he didnt want help, he wouldnt ask for it. if you want to use your own font, fine. just make sure its cleaned up. if you want to use your playing field, id recomend a stylized version, or better yet, just a part of the field that is recognizable(scoreboard,entrance, etc.). work that in with your school colors and try to avoid a full color rendering. dont be afraid to use custom colors. the ones youve use are a little 8-bit nintendo. try the stars horizontally on the top. i think that might look better.

jesus christ. lay off the guy. if he didnt want help, he wouldnt ask for it. if you want to use your own font, fine. just make sure its cleaned up. if you want to use your playing field, id recomend a stylized version, or better yet, just a part of the field that is recognizable(scoreboard,entrance, etc.). work that in with your school colors and try to avoid a full color rendering. dont be afraid to use custom colors. the ones youve use are a little 8-bit nintendo. try the stars horizontally on the top. i think that might look better.

As much as we try to help, he won't listen, and will continue to post incoherent crap just to pad his post count.

Here goes then:

1. Get rid of the line framing the soccer ball. It just clutters things up. Instead, enlarge the soccer ball to fill the space.

2. I understand what you are doing with the stadium, but it just looks like a bunch of random lines, particularly since the seats are now the same color as the rest of the shield. I would consider getting rid of it all together and just leaving in the portion of the field that you have included.

3. The ball needs serious work. I have no design skills whatsoever, but I've seen many people suggest pasting in a real ball, then sketching around it (or something to that effect). I would try that, because the way it looks now really detracts from what you have.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

The ball gets lost because black on navy hardly ever works. Try an outline.

The stadium just looks like abunch of random lines as mentioned. Maybe try shortening the letters or putting them in a banner style to detract from teh stadium.

MUCH better. Now for some minor criticisms:

1. The stars at the top are off center, which throws the crest out of balance.

2. Now that you have eliminated the stadium, it may be helpful to move the field up a little to fill in the empty space where it used to be.

3. The soccer ball appears to be centered in its space between the D and S, but it is not centered within the crest (and it is on the opposite side of the center axis from the stars).

4. Tighten things up overall (uneven lines, color bleeds, etc.).

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Better still. With a little cleanup, you'll be getting somewhere (random grey under the S, maybe make the lines on the field narrower, etc.).

It's getting better with each step.

The thing that's really throwing me off is the lettering, though. The width of the strokes is very inconsistent. Take, for example, the sideways strokes in the D. The top one is much thicker than the bottom one. Keep the sideways strokes one consistent size and the downstroke another consistent size between the D and the S (because they're the same size) and again between the O and the G. That will make the type much more legible.

look i think you're improving but i think it needs a LOT of work still

pleasefixthis5ho.png

everywhere where there is a circle or oval could be improved, be it a speck of color that doesn't belong, streaks of a color that don't belong, and many of the lines overall are still too varied where they would look better with the same width - hope this helps, please fix this, it is a good start

worldchampsll1.png

Archived