New USHL Team

RedEye

I kind of wished they would have been more creative. On the Blue Jackets website it shows their jersey and I'm unimpressed, They took the Jackets third, and put the hat logo on the chest and the other 2 Jackets logos on the shoulders. It just like another set of CBJ jerseys with a different name...

I don't understand why an organization with the financial backing this team has would simply modify their NHL name and logo.

Where is the creativity, the opportunity to establish a unique identity etc.

Since they are the "Junior Blue Jackets", I see nothing wrong with adopting the look of the big guys.

That's the thing though, why do they need to go with Jr. Blue Jackets? And to use the NHL logos doesn't give them their own identity.

They could have made something unique and different rather than throw them under the Blue Jackets umbrella.

I have never liked the whole "Jr. Whatevers" To me that shows a lack of creativity.

Guys, how many teams over the years have modified the spoked B? Right now, there are two others--AHL-Providence and WHL-Chilliwack--but I've seen like fifteen or twenty Bruins affiliates with the same kind of logo. For a junior team, I think this is preferable to like, the Ohio Skaterboyzz with some ridiculous cartoony logo.

Guys, how many teams over the years have modified the spoked B? Right now, there are two others--AHL-Providence and WHL-Chilliwack--but I've seen like fifteen or twenty Bruins affiliates with the same kind of logo. For a junior team, I think this is preferable to like, the Ohio Skaterboyzz with some ridiculous cartoony logo.

Just for clarification, the new team in Chilliwack is not affiliated with Boston. I know TCR didn't mean this but I wanted to clear up any confusion with anyone else. Not that confusion ever happens around here. :rolleyes:

Much like European soccer clubs or athletic clubs that field mutlitple age groups of teams, male and female , and soccer and hockey or soccer and basketball I view this in that vein. They should be the Jr. Blue Jackets.

The Blue Jackets should also have Chief Blue Jacket as their logo, but that is a whole other rant from me. . .

That's the thing though, why do they need to go with Jr. Blue Jackets? And to use the NHL logos doesn't give them their own identity.

They could have made something unique and different rather than throw them under the Blue Jackets umbrella.

I have never liked the whole "Jr. Whatevers" To me that shows a lack of creativity.

There's a "Jr. Whatever" in almost every town with a professional hockey team. That's just their way of showing affiliation with the local club.

My youth hockey team was a "Jr. Whatever" as well. Named after the town's minor league team.

Although I do agree with you. Look at the Texas Tornado in the NAHL. They copied the Dallas Star's look but they atleast got their own name. So there is alittle room for creativity.

Just for clarification, the new team in Chilliwack is not affiliated with Boston. I know TCR didn't mean this but I wanted to clear up any confusion with anyone else. Not that confusion ever happens around here. :rolleyes:

In the days before the NHL Draft, NHL teams maintained a network of minor pro and junior teams to provide and develop players. The Bruins had junior teams in either Estevan and/or New Westminster that had the Bruins name way back when. There was also the Chilliwack Bruins of the 70s that played Junior A.

Also, the teams in the USHL are NOT NHL affiliates. Unlike European junior teams, which are pipelines to the senior league affiliates, the professional rights to North American junior players must be acquire through the NHL Draft (or free agency for undrafted players). The USHL in particular primarliy develops kids to play in NCAA hockey.

In lower tier juniors, its pretty common for teams to take the names of the local pro hockey franchise and slap a Jr. in front of it. It might mean there's an ownership or sponsorship connection, or it might not. The USHL is a Tier I JuniorA league, though, and should be above such stunts IMHO.

Archived