Red Sox Soccer Cross-over

lost_limey

Sox-Soccer.png

Any C & C welcomed, especially ways to jazz up this uniform without coming across like a Nike/adibok/umbro/puma template.

Also thanks to gordie_delini for the adidas template this is heavily modified from.

Edited to fix my typing like a drunken monkey

They're both very nice. Extra points for modifying the O's playing field in the logo.

But before you go any further with this, a couple ideas and a couple questions:

1. Soccer kits should include socks. And seeing how 2 MLB teams are named for the color of their hosiery, they should appear in the concept.

2. There's an awful lot of space on the backs between player name and number. I'd make the names bigger and move them down off the shoulders a bit. They hug the shoulder piping closely, but then there's a huge gap between the name and the number. It makes everything look malpositioned, when it's not as far off as it seems.

3. Any chance of goalie kits? Or real clash kits that use colors way outside the team's usual scheme?

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Sox-Soccer.png

Any C & C welcomed, especially ways to jazz up this uniform without coming across like a Nike/adibok/umbro/puma template.

Also thanks to gordie_delini for the adidas template this is heavily modified from.

See-it-go Carlton Fisk See-it-go. Very Nicely done :D

one thing though I would add socks. Socks are a 1/3 of the soccer uniform and they are left out of these concepts. They should be especially present for the Red sox.

P.S. I love the subtle oriole bird of the stomach and sides of the shirt there. Althought that may just be the water mark.

PvO6ZWJ.png

They're clean designs pretty much, which is nice. I like the way the piping looks on the Red Sox white jersey.

The placement of the elements on the kits look off, whether they're too small proportionally, it's hard to say. The crests might be better if they were a little bigger and closer to the arm rather than directly under the collar.

The logo watermarks are distracting, especially with the sublimated Orioles logos. They're not necessary, and clutter up the images.

Definitely make the names bigger and bring up the numbers closer to them.

Good start.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Sox-Soccer.png

Not a Red Sox fan, but I like it. Great job.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

Being from Baltimore, I'm always happy to see the O's get some concept love. I think that these are really great designs and it's an awesome concept overall. I think that if a socks element was going to be added, a stirrups based design would be the way to go (wouldn't that make Paul Lukas ecstatic?).

Archived