Chicago Sports Crossovers

snetsrak43

the chicago fire ones look very houston texansish....not saying that's bad....just curious, for the b'hawks, why'd you decide to go with the shoulder patch as the primary logo over the Indian Head?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just have to say I love the last two. Traditionalist? Meh, they don't know what they're talking about on those Fire jerseys. However, I would tweak the white set, simply because something about the red on the jersey top and stripe doesn't sit well with me. I'd maybe juggle the colors on the piping and go with the navy instead, which would stand out in the pants stripe, or at least go with a white stripe panel on the pants; that's just me. However, the logos, fonts, the rest of the colors, and the overall "feel" of it are great. A-

And the Blackhawks jerseys? Even as a proud Predators fan I must say that these look fabulous. I'd suggest a black top/red pants alternate, but that would just be a bonus. A+

I also like the Bulls stuff, especially the helmet (though the stripes seem a little odd for football), but the sets scream Bulls' basketball, meaning you accomplished the goal.

The Cubs set was decent, but nothing to rant one way or another on. I like the White uni for the Sawx as a baseball one, but not as a football uni; that said, the pinstripe-and-black uni looks awesome. And that's coming from a proud anti-White Sox sportsfan.

Keep up the good work.

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

I'm glad you laid off the green--just because it's used in the tomahawks & a feather people seem to like to use it way too much in Blackhawk concepts...

And it just looks wrong for them--it may suit a different team though.

The Blackhawks one works well--it could be a football uniform.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

• 7 months later...

So after a couple month hiatus I'm returning with this. Wasn't extremely proud of this, but I haven't done many concepts in a while so I'm getting back in the swing of things per say. I struggled with the lack of a strong secondary logo, and kind of made my own simpler wordmark to compensate for that.

skyfball.png

I'll probably be sticking with football concepts and going with some other cities outside Chicago. Either that or going with smaller pro teams like minor league hockey and baseball.

brianurlacher.png

Thanks for the compliments guys. Its good to get it because I know not everyone appreciates the crossover designs.

Anyways I'm leaving for vacation so needless to say will be without my computer and too busy relaxing, but hope to pick it up again later. Any suggestions would be cool. I have a few different ideas bouncing around in that crazy skull of mine.

brianurlacher.png

The Chicago Bears baseball uniforms look great.

The other Chicago football uniforms (Sky, Bulls, Blackhawks, Cubs, White Sox) are truly excellent work.

LEONARD WEIRICH

FAN OF THE WASHINGTON NATIONALS SINCE 2005

LOVE THOSE NATS!!!

• 2 weeks later...

For my first venture outside Chicago I present:

Detroit Tigers Football

tigerfball.png

- I wanted it pretty simple. The two helmets aren't home/away but rather just multiple options

I have a pretty wild (at least on aspect) Chicago Bulls baseball concept, and will hopefully start that soon.

brianurlacher.png

Well I never like the lack of C&C and I was worried about that Tigers concept because it was pretty straight forward.

So I have to return to Chicago. I made a couple of bonehead mistakes with player numbers and spellings that I will probably fix before I present it, but here's a little preview/inspiration for Chicago Bulls baseball.

pMLB2-2002145reg.jpgish

mjpinstripjerseyback.jpg

brianurlacher.png

As far as the tigers go, the Blue one looks much better than the white one. The white helmet just looks weird as far as I'm concerned. Jersey looks nice enough, but, I don't know, just doesn't work for me.

jman077.png

Sig courtesy of LEWJ

Here we go:

bullsbsball.png

-Toyed around on different hats. The bulls set didn't prove to be a strong baseball set, but I managed some. Didn't know what pants to put with black pinstripe but it wasn't going to be black pants, so I just went white. Not sure what else might go better. C&C Please.

edit-tweaked a bit

brianurlacher.png

i like the creativity with the hats, you did very well with one that would be very hard.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Pretty Sweet Project - I might give it a shot. Great work there!!!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Archived