Chicago Sports Crossovers

snetsrak43

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If anyone wants to see a specific request for a crossover let me know.

Otherwise I will just do whatever I can think of.

Well, I used to be a beer guy for the Kane County cougars, so if you're hurtin' for ideas, you could go with that. Also, the Wolves have a look that I think would translate to football pretty well.

(These are idea suggestions, not necessarily requests.)

i'd love to see a Capitals baseball concept, you could be real creative with that. hell i'd even take the throwback look to the jersey!

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Presenting Phillies Football!

philliesfball.png

-I messed around a little with a blue alternate but couldn't find anything I liked, so I decided not to break with precedent and not do a third jersey even though I kind of wanted to. C&C Please

Capitals Baseball coming up next.

brianurlacher.png

Washington Capitals Baseball:

capitalbsball.png

-EDIT-COMMENTARY- So I was pretty interested in this one because the requester of it felt I could get pretty creative with it. I struggled at first to see how to be creative. Thought about adding striped that match their jerseys, but I wasn't feeling it. So I went pretty straightforward on it. Classic baseball script and nothing flashy. The biggest thing was the hats. I personally like letter caps as opposed to a logo, especially with a simpler jersey design. At first I went with just logo though, but the full eagle just didn't jump out at me, so I edited it to just include the head, and I was pretty pleased how it turned out. Then I really wanted to put a throwback jersey in there, but there was a lack of an identifiable logo or letter to use for the cap. I considered just a recoloring of the new set with the old colors, but that seemed so... blah. So needless to say I needed something and thought syncretism was the way to go, so I borrowed the Nationals' W. Then thought it would be a good alternate too. C&C please.

Marlins football here I come (and I'm ditching the black - I hope)

brianurlacher.png

Try your hand at a blue Phillies alternate, I think it would look really good I just couldn't pull it off with the current scheme I had going, but I think if you go another route it would be good.

And for anyone else that wants a specific request feel free to suggest what players you might want to see on the backs of the jerseys, especially for hockey/soccer because I don't know whose even good. Think of it as a way to personalize the request :)

brianurlacher.png

i liked what you did with it, i love the curly W from the Nats. the pinstripes were classy, for the Washington wordmark across the jersey i woulda used the actual workmark for the team...but script works better for baseball i think.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Here We Go Marlins Baseball:

- So I was able to ditch the black except as an outline color and piping color. That I'm happy with. I considered playing with some orange because of this but ultimately decided against it. So many of my concepts have been for teams with deep tradition so I never stepped too far out of the box. The Marlins are an up and coming young team whose existence is also short. I don't ultimately think my vision translated well to the actual design, specifically on the back of the pants, but I did what I could. For better or for worse, I think I ultimately met my goal and made a modern set. It isn't Oregon Ducks crazy, or even as crazy as my Chicago Fire Concept (page 1) but a step up in craziness compared to many that I have done. C&C Please.

marlinsfball.png

Minnesota Vikings Baseball coming up.

brianurlacher.png

Vikings:

I love the road jersey--very very sharp. Love the hats. And the home jersey is solid. Save for, with both jerseys, the horn patch.

The horn you use is now the "old" one, but that does not matter because I don't understand wanting to use it on the sleeves or the chest. It makes sense on a helmet. Not so much with one horn on a sleeve or chest.

Just my opinion. Some may disagree.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I agree with OnWis about the Vikings uniforms.

The roads are the best. The caps are great. But that horn look has to go.

The home uniforms should have Vikings written across the front. The batting practice jersey would be better with the M instead of the horn, although I also like the idea of having the Norseman logo with the Norseman cap.

Another thing -- the font of the numbers just doesn't look Vikingish.

By the way, I really like the Norseman on the pants. It's different, but I think it's great.

The horn you use is now the "old" one, but that does not matter because I don't understand wanting to use it on the sleeves or the chest. It makes sense on a helmet. Not so much with one horn on a sleeve or chest.

Thanks for the critique. For one I just liked the old better than the new. As far as putting it on the sleeve, I can kind of see where you were coming from. It doesn't exactly fit. However that horn is so much a part of Vikings football that I felt its inclusion is what would make this jump out as MINNESOTA VIKINGS. Perhaps I could have found a more clever way to use it, but I think leaving it out would make this feel a lot less like a Vikings concept.

I'd love to see a Bucs Basketball.

Sure thing! After I do the one I currently have planned.

I can already imagine the all pewter jersey! :)

brianurlacher.png

Thanks for the critique. For one I just liked the old better than the new. As far as putting it on the sleeve, I can kind of see where you were coming from. It doesn't exactly fit. However that horn is so much a part of Vikings football that I felt its inclusion is what would make this jump out as MINNESOTA VIKINGS. Perhaps I could have found a more clever way to use it, but I think leaving it out would make this feel a lot less like a Vikings concept.

Well, if you prefer the old horn, that is what you should use.

I agree that the horn is part of the team's look. But since there is no football hemet, it becomes tough to use. I suppose use of the norsemen indirectly highlights the horns. So yeah, it looks like you either have to ignore that key feature of their look or use it in a somewhat awkward way. I'd go for the former, you went for the latter. There is no right or wrong. Nice work.

I look forward to your next Minnesota projects.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

So I cleaned up a raster basketball template and thus was ready for my first shot at a basketball crossover.

Before this I pulled from the big 4: MLB, NBA, NFL, NHL, and one MLS

But, there are so many other good logos out there. One in particular I envisioned for a basketball concept.

The Minnesota Swarm of the National Lacrosse League!

swarmbball.png

-The big thing I was worried about was the shorts stripes looking like lighting bolts. The just match the main logo, however. Coincidentally the Minnesota Wild font seemed like a good match. No real players here, I'm boring and too lazy to look for actual player names.

Hope you like basketball because the Tampa Bucs are hitting the court next.

brianurlacher.png

Nice idea with the Swarm. I think this the first time I've ever seen NLL... anything!

Coincidentally, that concept could easily be the start to San Diego Chargers basketball. Play around with the colours a bit so that they match.

*hint* Powder blue! *hint*

stoneraizersig.jpg

Chicago Wolves minor league baseball.

home set, #29 Brett Sterling

chiwlvsbasehomesml.jpg

road set,# #22 Nathan Oystrick

chiwlvsbaseroadsml.jpg

alt jersey, #11 Steve Maltais. Wolves all-time leading scorer and "The Captain" hence the "C"

chiwlvsbasethrdsml.jpg

bp jersey, #15 Chris Marinnucci

chiwlvsbasebp.jpg

If the Wolves would have taken to the diamond instead of the frozen pond. :hockeysmiley:

bleedsvg2014_03_03_12_53_210b.png

Edge2baWolves2d.jpg

Archived