Phillies Modification

PhilliesPhan1325

Like I said, I didn't change much. I wish they wore their interleague hat all the time and I also tried to add more blue into the uniform.

Phillies.jpg

PhilliesRoad.jpg

PhilliesBP.jpg

PhilliesBP2.jpg

C&C please.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

Those looked exactly like their uniforms. I outlined the numbers in blue just to make it look like I actually changed something. And I made a different hat, maybe an alternate:

Phillies-1.jpg

PhilliesRoad-1.jpg

hat.jpg

This is all done in paint, so it's not as clean as I want it to be.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

First off, this topic is correctly named. It is only a modification, and you acknowledged that. As for the concept itself, I would suggest making the home belt red. Also, I would consider using a hat with the star in the P, but with a red bill for home and the other for away. But these are really just a matter of taste I think. Nice job.

One thing that might make this even better overall is to try and avoid pairing blue outlining onto red elements. Having two primary colors side-by-side makes them both blurry. Red and blue next to each other prove especially jarring to the eyes.

So, when outlining the uniform numbers, consider red numbers, outlined white, outlined blue. That alone would provide the necessary separation and allow you to infuse a little blue into the uniform (which I agree is a good idea).

Another thing to think about is consistency. For example, the front wordmark is red, outlined white. The player names are red, outlined white. Currently, the sleeve stripes are red, outlined white, as are the player numbers. Your concept has sleeve stripes that are blue, outlined white, and player numbers that are red, outlined blue. Where the Phillies now have consistent (albeit blandly so) patterns, yours involves 3 different patterns.

Historically, the Phillies are a red/white team. They could use some blue, and I think you're on the right track, but be mindful of the overall effects your changes will have.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived