2 new CBA logos

Dilbert

i'm sure i'm not the only one that immediately noticed the explorers logo is a direct rip of our brother Joe Bosack and his AF2 Pioneers brand...

just a shame...and this guy has "exerience designing logos for the NBA"?

...some pro <_<

WBSPioneers5.gif

I don't think it's really close to being the same. The right arms are similar, and the theme is similar, but I think that's where it ends.The hats are different, the faces are different, they are both holding an object, but just saying that seems silly, because a lot of logos are "holding" something. The colors are close, but most of the time, that is up to the client....so...

Right, Jordan, its not that the logo is an exact duplicate in that regard, the fact is the designer essentially copied and pasted the Pioneer's right arm into his logo...the paths are exactly the same...

not really the most professional way to design a logo, but thats just my opinion.

I like these cba logos. I don't think the explorers logo is a direct ripoff of the Pioneers. Is it

possible that this guy did that logo as well? Does Joe Bosack colaborate with other design

firms? Except for the arm and hand the rest of it is completely different.

The butte logo is very unique. I like it!!

I don't think it's really close to being the same. The right arms are similar, and the theme is similar, but I think that's where it ends.The hats are different, the faces are different, they are both holding an object, but just saying that seems silly, because a lot of logos are "holding" something. The colors are close, but most of the time, that is up to the client....so...

I'll defer to you, since you're a designer and I'm not (and I'm not trying to say that in any smart a$$ way -- I truly mean that you see this better than I).

However,

logo_ripoff.jpg

The right side of the body contains that funky "M" shaped line, just slightly re-done in the Explorers logo. The Explorer is holding a canoe paddle, and it looks like the artist didn't know how to get rid of the flag in the Pioneers' logo, so he tried to make it a canoe (although that's a pretty weak canoe, IMO). Yes, the face and hat are different, but that's still a coonskin hat, no matter how you slice it. Nothing says it had to have a hat. Since it does, it just adds to the appearance of a rip-off.

I'm not concerned about the colors. Like you say, that's a client request, and there's only so many combinations out there. I'm just saying that the stolen arm, along with the rest of the similarities, make this seem like a rip-off to me.

Archived