Minnesota Vikings concept

Dave Ship

Reminds me of the Chargers. I like everything except the color. I think it is way too dark. Minnesota is unique, it is the only nfl team that uses purple. I would stick with a lighter color.

saBS.png

Funny you bring this concept up, my high school was the Vikings and our uniforms are very close to these. I loved wearing them, and I would love to see the Minnesota Viks were them to.

teams.gif

Someone be a World Champ, please!

Fantasy Football Keeper League.....PM me if you want to join!!

Innovative work as always, beatnik, but here's what I would change...

- As has been said, lighten the purple and go with more of an athletic gold. They are indeed the only team in the NFL with that colour scheme, so I'd hate to see them mess it up.

- More white. Thicker white outlines on the numbers and on the side stripes.

- Match up the side stripes. Take the ones from the front and put them on the back as well. Just for consistency.

- Lose the butt logo. Good idea, but I don't think it'll fly. You could do like the Cardinals and put it between the collar and nameplate, or like the Dallas Desparados and put it between the nameplate and numbers.

- There's a bit too much purple for my liking at the top of the jersey, along the shoulders. I would break it up with a gold collar or gold TV numbers or something.

I'd call this good with the potential to be phenomenal.

I like the overall concept, and your choice of elements.

As others have, I take issue with the colors - the Vegas gold especially. The purple probably should be lighter, but the metallic gold isn't working. I see a University of Washington concept with this color scheme.

I also would move the Norseman. Having your mascot on your a$$ sends mixed messages to your fan base - "Vikings Fever: Sit on it!" and so on. :hockeysmiley:

I'm not crazy about the Texans' numbers on the concept. Those numbers are unique to them, and while they're nice, teams that go to the trouble of developing unique typefaces are understandably reluctant to let other teams pirate their marks. I'd rather see a novel font for the Vikings, or a more standard font. As with the Washington colors, I see a Texans' concept when I see those numbers, and that goes against the intent of the concept.

Shoulder/sleeve numbers are a good idea. There's plenty of room on the shoulders for something.

Like I said, I like where this is going, but it's not quite there yet.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

You told me that it wasn't a good idea to have a team's logo incorporated into a jersey like I did with my Texans, concepet yet you are doing the same here almost with adding horns to the shoulders of the Vikings

I disagree with everyone else. I think the dark purple and tan is what 'modernizes' this concept. I LOVE IT! Your concept has done what few have... and that's top the original!

PLUS No one likes to wear purple :P

You told me that it wasn't a good idea to have a team's logo incorporated into a jersey like I did with my Texans, concepet yet you are doing the same here almost with adding horns to the shoulders of the Vikings

That's another story, man! You put the primary logo's silhouette on the uniform but this is a shape that reminds of the horns.

And now go with some replies:

- Color scheme: i think this is the best combo i can find at the moment. Anyway i'm workin on to find a lighter purple. But i always going to move away from the classic Purple/Yellow scheme;

- Butt logo: i'll ditch it;

- Thicker white outline: nice idea about it. I'll do that soon as possible;

- TV numbers: you're right, i already tried to do so and it works great;

- Font numbers: i'll try with another shape, but always with a modern look.

I'm very busy now, so the updates will came later.

Minnesota is unique, it is the only nfl team that uses purple. I would stick with a lighter color.

Baltimore Ravens.

You're sort of stuck between a rock and a hard place with the color scheme.

On one hand, purple is sort of a wimpy color for football, and purple is one of those colors that can be overdone--putting a 330-pound lineman in a purple jersey certainly qualifies. There's a reason the Bucks, Hornets, Raptors, and Jazz have all done away with purple in the last couple years in the NBA: it's simply not a great color for sports uniforms.

On the other hand (partly because of the previous paragraph), purple IS a relatively unique color--only the Vikes and Ravens use it. It would be a shame if they just got some sort of navy blue-ish uniform like so many sports teams (e.g. Bills, Rams, Jazz, Grizzlies, Mavs) are doing nowadays. It seems like the trendy colors have gone from teal in the early 90s, to purple in the late 90s, to black in the early 00s, to navy blue now. Regardless of how good or bad it looks, navy blue is becoming a generic and unoriginal color.

On a side note, for some of the same reasons, I think it would be better to keep the accents yellow instead of switching to metallic gold: it's just more unique.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

I notice the lack of a side view, do you have any special ideas or the pant stripe?

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

• 1 month later...
Funny you bring this concept up, my high school was the Vikings and our uniforms are very close to these.  I loved wearing them, and I would love to see the Minnesota Viks were them to.

Okay Dom....I'm confused.....I wonder which "Viking" school you went to....Puyallup is my guess, but Curtis (University Place) uses the decal "Viks" (a misspelling?) on their helmets...Now which is it? :D

Mike

pwmhshpbanner.gif

pwihshpbanner2.gif

Looking good!

Your concept is much better than what they had, and it's also better than the new ones they're going with.

As far as too dark - no way. The pics of the new unis they are going with look more lavender than purple.

I'm neutral about the franchise, but their new uniform is about as tacky as they come.

Archived