Mr. Met's uniform

slapshot

I'm watching the Red Sox game tonight, and saw both Wally the Green Monster and Mr. Met hanging around the broadcast booth. Mr. Met was wearing a black hat, and the black jersey that reads "Mets".

Tonight (and last night), the Mets are wearing their black road jerseys, with "New York" across them.

My question is this?does Mr. Met have multiple uniforms, depending on what the Mets wear, or does he always wear the black hat and jersey?

I suppose this could extend to other mascots as well, I 've never noticed if they change uniforms either.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Yes, Mr. Met and other mascots have different costumes.  I remember Mr. Met having some kind of rain gear (yellow rain coat and hat) last year.

mrmet.jpg This thing is great. I would love to see the Mets play in this.

saBS.png

Actually, I spoke with one of the guys who plays Mr Met outside the stadium before a playoff game a few years ago. The team does not tell the Mets Party Patrol, of which Mr Met is a part, what uniform they are wearing that day, Mr Met has to guess. He has the current home jerseys and he has a blue and a black cap. He also has a Superman outfit, an Elvis outfit and the rain gear, among others. He does not have road jerseys.

Actually, I spoke with one of the guys who plays Mr Met outside the stadium before a playoff game a few years ago.

Wait. You are telling me that Mr. Met is not real, but a person in costume? First Santa, then the world of sport mascots. My world is now shattered.

Archived