400th Post Project

DomTheAthlete29

400th post, not something to celebrate over but I needed a name for this concept project I'm working on. In this project I plan on changing many sports teams, into hockey teams. I might even ask for resquest and fantasy teams. Well, I would like to start this project right away with my first concept.

This first project is from an team out of the AFL, which play there home games in Arizona. The name the Arizona Rattlers, with a name like this I had to do them justice. The colors are teal, black, and white. Plain, but easy to work with, which I turned into 5 uniforms with only 2 logos. Here you go the 06' Arizona Rattlers Hockey team.

ArizonaRattlers.png

Order of Uniforms (Left to Right): Home, Away, Away Alt., Home Alt., Special

C&C

teams.gif

Someone be a World Champ, please!

Fantasy Football Keeper League.....PM me if you want to join!!

The next team on the agenda was the Albany Firebirds, which under took new logos after the 96' season in the AFL. Which I don't like at all, so I decided to swich back to the retro colors and logo, which turned out 6 uniforms. The brunt orange and black really work well together, and to make black uniforms, I had to recolor the logo. With out any further wait I give you the 06' Albany Firebirds.

AlbanyFirebirds.png

Order of Uniforms (Left to Right): Home, Away, Away Alt., Home Alt., Home Special, Away Special

C&C

teams.gif

General thoughts:

1. This concept is dangerously close to being a prolonged "theme and variation" chain of concepts: a primary sweater in each team color, one sweater that's pinstriped to vaguely resemble a baseball jersey, a sweater with one contrast-colored sleeve to resemble a Nike college football jersey that the vast majority of people trashed, and one sweater that is more like a basketball jersey with the team name or logo on the front with the player's number on the front as well. Where's the creativity in this if every team is going to be outfitted exactly the same? I could predict your Philadelphia Soul package right now based on what the first 2 teams have been given. This is the gripe many people had when the CFL uniforms were redesigned. Leaguewide templates wind up doing more harm than good.

2. No team needs 5 or 6 sweaters. Ever. No fan base would be foolish enough to go buying a closet's worth of sweaters to stay current and be complete. Home and road sweaters suffice, and an alternate would be acceptable to be an occasional change of pace; that's more than enough. It's called a uniform because it's what everyone wears for every game to identify the team. Giving a team 6 sweaters to choose from obliterates the notion of developing a recognizable identity. A uniform's primary purpose will always be an easy visual means of separating one team from the other, not to give grown men an entire wardrobe to choose from before they go play in a game.

3. Pinstripes? In hockey? It's been shown why it isn't done already.

SPECIFIC COMMENTS:

Arizona - it ain't the Rattlers without a little copper thrown in. Teal/black is a Sharks sweater. Add the copper, now you've got something distinctive.

Albany - overall, not too bad. A little cluttered - every sweater has a monogram, a logo and a wordmark. It gives the whole thing a cluttered, Eurohockey feel.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Hey sometimes you have to try something out of the ordinary--soemthing bold.

But the pinstriped one doesn't work.

See the above posts...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Thanks for the imput guys, I will take a few days and start up using what you guys have told me. I don't know why so many people hated the football nike inspired jerseys I taught they were pretty cool. I will take away the pins I thaught they might work.

teams.gif

I like the rattlers first 3 unis but not the pinstripe or nikie one. Is There a reason the mesh is teal? I also like the firebirds unis. Not the nike or pinstripe one though.

Archived