new and improved mighty ducks jersey

Giggy35

There is no element of design here. You're simply recoloring various jersey panels in the hopes that it'll look like something that's cohesive and eye-catching, of which it is neither. Don't try and reinvent the wheel with your concepts, take the time to do some research into striping patterns, proportionality, color contrast, logo hierarchy, and anything else that goes into the design of a great-looking jersey. And please resize your logo in a program other than Paint before pasting it onto the template, it'll make it appear much cleaner.

There is no element of design here. You're simply recoloring various jersey panels in the hopes that it'll look like something that's cohesive and eye-catching, of which it is neither. Don't try and reinvent the wheel with your concepts, take the time to do some research into striping patterns, proportionality, color contrast, logo hierarchy, and anything else that goes into the design of a great-looking jersey. And please resize your logo in a program other than Paint before pasting it onto the template, it'll make it appear much cleaner.

i dont have anything else other than paint and maybe u or some1 else can give me a site to go to to get the striping patterns etc.

There is no element of design here.  You're simply recoloring various jersey panels in the hopes that it'll look like something that's cohesive and eye-catching, of which it is neither.  Don't try and reinvent the wheel with your concepts, take the time to do some research into striping patterns, proportionality, color contrast, logo hierarchy, and anything else that goes into the design of a great-looking jersey.  And please resize your logo in a program other than Paint before pasting it onto the template, it'll make it appear much cleaner.

i dont have anything else other than paint and maybe u or some1 else can give me a site to go to to get the striping patterns etc.

A lot of people do great stuff in Paint, 'I only have Paint' is no excuse... Heck, all of my concepts are done in Paint and so are many other peoples.

You STILL got the sleeve numbering wrong. The 4 on the back right sleeve should be a 2. Also, you forgot to fill in the middle of the 4 on the back.

This is better than the first one, but you could still use some light/dark contrasting.

Without trying to sound like a broken record from your other Ducks concept:

1. Still dark, darker and darkest. The only thing that was lightened up were the player names and number. The rest of the jersey is a dark blur when stationary; it will only be blurrier in motion.

2. "MD" = "MIGHTY Ducks". They're not "Mighty" anymore. Please find a new monogram - or make your own.

3. For a team that features 2 colors not used anywhere else in the major pro sports in North America, there's as much black as anything else. Why? The fact that the Ducks ditched this color scheme notwithstanding, eggplant and jade made this team unique. Black makes them followers, indistinguishable from so many other teams.

4. To echo Moser - this is haphazard mixing & matching. Arbitrary colored areas that don't connect to the ones adjacent to them, no contrast areas to give the areas definition, no notion of uniform design and cohesion.

5. The numbers on the sleeves are closer to the wrist than the shoulder.

6. As a longtime MSPaint user, I refuse to have "I only have Paint" be used as a valid excuse. Many people do great stuff in Paint - it just takes time to be diligent, and time to become comfortable with it - just like any of the other design programs.

IrfanView is another good utility, and it comes Suigi Approved!

You didn't use it for your avatar pic did you?

Squigi's av looks like a zoomed in luigi sprite.

as for the concept itself.

i personally am not a stickler for using the absolute uptodate logos/colors. in fact with the color scheme/logos you chose, it can be a nice little challenge to make a concept that flies.

sorta like someone saying here you have a blank template, black, purple, teal and white as your color scheme, and the ducks old "MD" and old primary. your challenge is to make a concept work using the parameter given to you.

you have a dark purple and black. these two should never be used side by side. if your unsure if it would work or not. takea couple of steps back from the computer and see if the colors don't bleed into each other. if they do, its a pretty good idea that it shouldn't be used together. general rule of thumb regarding colors 2 dark/light colors side by side = bleeding colors, and no sir, that ain't good eats.

to the concept at hand.

its way to disorganized. you have splotches of black and jade on the jersey with out any way of tying them together. theres a pretty good reasons teams use striping patterns. maybe use jade as your striping patterns and have it be borderlined with a black/white. i'll leave it to your discression as to what you think will work. black either needs to be outright eliminated or used in a manner that distinguishes itself from the dark purple. none is more obvious than the MD logo. which at this point is the biggest violater of the bleeding colors. drop a dark color and replace it white. same for the logo. since the logo has black trim, when placed on the purple it tends to bleed in to the jersey. only the white specks keep it from bleeding. good rule of thumb is to use a white border around the logo.

something else is bothering me is the underarm mesh, this really needs to be recolored to purple so the jersey flows better. the black just interrupts the flow of the purple with out any purpose.

just trying to help ya better your concept. it has potential but really needs more work and is far from being done.

I'm sorry to break it to you. But, this is horrible. Still way too dark and this does not blend very well together. Actuallu, it doesn't blend together at all. Take some time in your design. And yes, delete all the white pixels in the logo. It makes it look really bad.

ok lets see u make a better jersey if you are gonna make a statement like what you have just said why dont you try to make a jersey concept and we can see how bad or good it will be.

WOW.... Dude, you need to be banned. You are supposed to give CONSTRUCTIVE Critisism, not just critisim. And don't you read, no more puke smileys! Wow... I've never seen such a... post... and it's only your 12th, I haven't seen you do anything latey... <_<

There is no element of design here.  You're simply recoloring various jersey panels in the hopes that it'll look like something that's cohesive and eye-catching, of which it is neither.  Don't try and reinvent the wheel with your concepts, take the time to do some research into striping patterns, proportionality, color contrast, logo hierarchy, and anything else that goes into the design of a great-looking jersey.  And please resize your logo in a program other than Paint before pasting it onto the template, it'll make it appear much cleaner.

MS Paint has line tools. They are fairly easy to master.

Every jersey you see here was made in MS Paint.

So was every jersey and font you see here.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

IrfanView is another good utility, and it comes Suigi Approved!

You didn't use it for your avatar pic did you?

I tried to, but for some reason I went for a PNG instead of a transparent GIF.

Hang on, I can fix it.

@Coast2CoastAM2006: That's because I also run a Mario-based sprite comic! Click on the link in my sig for details.

EDIT: That's better, no?

MS Paint has line tools. They are fairly easy to master.

Every jersey you see here was made in MS Paint.

So was every jersey and font you see here.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

WOW, I LOVE YOUR CONCEPTS ROGER!!! You have a great gallery there. I especially love some of the Mighty Ducks jerseys.

Archived