semperfi.gif

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the

press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of

speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us

the freedom to demonstrate. And it is the soldier who salutes the

flag, serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, and

who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Marine Chaplain Dennis Edward O' Brien

If they blow up Candlestick/3Com/Monster like it deserves and build a new palace..all is forgiven.

Sell the team to Larry Ellison. He has the cash and the ego to make 'em winners.

(Oracle Stadium?)

Til then..you're right. Easily top five worst owner(s.)

PS: Someone made me a great 1024x768 wallpaper of the Niners logo- better than anything they have on the site, which ain't much. Send msg if you want it.

McCaskey (Bears) at 29 I think is still ranked too high. Its like the article says:

Think about it: All that tradition, the nation's No. 3 media market, and the Bears are still living off a Saturday Night Live sketch and a lone Super Bowl title from more than two decades ago.

Thats as big of crime as any.

the fords should be bottom barrel, in my opinion. their hiring blunders are second to none.

Matt Millen?

Marty Mohrninweg?

it says a lot about your franchise when "Cocaine" Wayne is your all-time winningest coach.

Of course, I'd say Green Bay was ranked too low, but then again, aren't they sort of the apple in this batch of kumquats? It's a totally different type of operation.

The Bob Harlan leadership managed to take a franchise that was basically irrelevant and turn it into a league leader, first on the field, then in the stadium game with the renovated Lambeau. Ranking them at mid-league while Dan "rip off the fans with high prices for rotten football" Snyder gets a top-five ranking is just ridiculous.

139775815_cc7da57bca_o.jpg

Even if the Pats never won a Super Bowl, I'd still rank Bob Kraft among the top 5 simply because he took what was essentially one of the worst NFL franchises and made it the class of the league. Foxboro Stadium was a joke, the team was a joke, and the owner (James Orthwein) wanted to move to St. Louis. Things could've happened ALOT differently for Pats if Bob Kraft didn't buy them.

Archived