Slight change in BYU's football uniforms?

Mingjai

Nike's 2006 college football replica uniforms are now available and I couldn't help but notice that my alma mater is showing a white collar in the pictures. It's a good look--too bad when I see it, I immediately think Penn State. I guess Nittany Lions and Cougars really are the same beast!

2006 Replica:

FF_117322_xl.jpg

Links:

Eastbay

FootballFanatics

2005 Authentic:

2005h.jpg

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

That also is a new number font on the replica. Actually, I think it might be the font BYU used before they went to the retro like uniforms. The font actually looks pretty nice in single color form like that.

Good pick up on the numbers. I always liked the new number font they used--went well with their logo package. Maybe it also means they are going back to the stretch twill numbers they had before the went really retro--last year's jerseys were screen printed.

For reference:

2000-2003 Unis

2004Beck.jpg

2004 Unis

beck_usc.jpg

Beck_SDSU.jpg

Man those 2004 unis are horrible. The contrasting sleeves are bad but the white pants with the home set is even worse. Good thing they decided to change. The white collar might look pretty good with the pants and helmet. Upgrade.

I like it their old blue and white was much better.

I agree, but I did like the 2000-03 uniforms. Though not "BYU," they still looked great. 2004? Let's hide those from the children, please.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

I'm a big fan of the 00-03 uniforms, but the current look is classic. Why change the collar and number font though? It doesn't make sense. I like the number font, but if you're going for an old school look, block numbers are the best fit.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

Good for BYU, this is a something i'd like to see happen to more teams sick of the Nike swooshing, piping and etc.

Now if only the Hurricanes would do something similar.

I agree. Nike is getting way to extreme with their jerseys (the different color sleeve and those hideous Oregon jerseys). I'm glad to see a Nike team go retro.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

To stand up for Nike (amazingly), here's the Nike schools that they haven't touched or destroyed.

LSU

Ohio State

Michigan State

Michigan (the away jersey can be argued)

USC

Alabama

Oklahoma

Texas

Texas A&M

Florida State

Florida

Ole Miss

Kansas State

Georgia

North Carolina

Penn State

Vanderbilt

Colorado

Wake Forest

BYU (as previously mentioned)

Iowa

Iowa State

Arizona State

Washington

Rutgers

TCU

Minnesota

Wisconsin

Texas Tech

Baylor

Schools they destroyed

Illinois

Missouri

Miami

Virginia Tech

Clemson

Kentucky

Oregon

So yeah, for the glaring problems they have, at least they didn't mess up the schools I mentioned.

To stand up for Nike (amazingly), here's the Nike schools that they haven't touched or destroyed. . . .

So yeah, for the glaring problems they have, at least they didn't mess up the schools I mentioned.

I agree that Nike actually has done more good work in college football than we give them credit, but heaven knows they sure tried to destoy BYU:

kevin-feterik.jpg

Good thing that experiment only lasted a year before the NCAA ruled that bibs create confusion for players. It took LaVell Edwards to pull some strings to get the Cougars back to the traditional look. Link. I guess it helped that the "modern" BYU jerseys coincided with bad seasons while the "traditional" look (albeit in royal blue) will always be associated with QB factory years: Nielsen, Wilson, McMahon, Young, Bosco, Detmer, Sarkisian.

To stand up for Nike (amazingly), here's the Nike schools that they haven't touched or destroyed.

Ohio State

(some other schools)

Wisconsin

I figure the folks down in Columbus would beg to differ regarding their new duds...and Nike couldn't possibly destroy the Badgers' look, as Adidas is UW's uniform supplier :D

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

LSU

Ohio State

Michigan State

Michigan (the away jersey can be argued)

USC

Alabama

Oklahoma

Texas

Texas A&M

Florida State

Florida

Ole Miss

Kansas State

Georgia

North Carolina

Penn State

Vanderbilt

Colorado

Wake Forest

Iowa

Iowa State

Arizona State

Washington

Rutgers

TCU

Minnesota

Wisconsin

Texas Tech

Baylor

Most of those schools have good uniforms. But. I have a feeling that Nike is planning to destroy them sooner ot later.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

So they destroyed MSU for a couple seasons, now they are back to very basic.

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

So they destroyed MSU for a couple seasons, now they are back to very basic.

Yeah, they atoned for their horrible sin those couple of years, so I put them back on the list.

And yeah, I forgot about Oklahoma St, Oregon St, and Arizona. Good Lord those are horrible.

And when did Ohio State get new unis? I must have been on punishment when I missed that :blink:

Michigan State

aa02.jpg

205122-75378.jpg

that aint destruction, those were simply misunderstood.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived