Wrestlemania 23 new Logo

D123

I DO have to admit, I particularly like how there are no horned slugs in that logo.

:hockeysmiley:

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

If Poker, NASCAR, and the Scripps National Spelling Bee are sports, this can be also.

The fact that you put nascar in that group shows your ignorance.

AND the fact that you think that wrestling fans think that wrestling is real, makes you an idiot as well.

SigReflect.png

the is the sports logo forum not the stupid fake so called sport forum. So post this in the lounge.

If you are allowed to talk about the NBA and Soccer, you can talk about wrestling. All of the outcomes are basically scripted (or atleast tampered with to get the result they want). The poor mavericks should have won a title, except the NBA desperately needed the 1985 Lottery moment to make Wade the next MJ. You can't make the next Jordan from an awkward 7 foot tall german guy with broken english.

And the US soccer team (although they should have played better), had no shot of getting to round two, that was definetly planned ahead of time, and I will believe that until I die. To give a red card that they had to give because the US guy was gushing blood, and then give a 2 man down the other way was a joke. The game after's officiating made it even worse, what a joke. They ruined Soccer in this country for a long time. It will take a 1980 Lake Placid Hockey moment to even have a shot again.

the is the sports logo forum not the stupid fake so called sport forum.  So post this in the lounge.

If you are allowed to talk about the NBA and Soccer, you can talk about wrestling. All of the outcomes are basically scripted (or atleast tampered with to get the result they want). The poor mavericks should have won a title, except the NBA desperately needed the 1985 Lottery moment to make Wade the next MJ. You can't make the next Jordan from an awkward 7 foot tall german guy with broken english.

That's so silly. You think the NBA really wanted the Spurs to win the title in 1999, let alone the two times after that? You think that if they NBA could have gotten both the Knicks and Lakers in the Finals in 2000, they would have? Explain how the Nets made two Finals in a row? Or how the NBA would have "allowed" the Mavs to beat the reigning MVP Steve Nash?

NBA conspiracy theories are so bogus. Sure, the refs can sometimes be bad, but perhaps the soft Mavericks could have tried going inside to draw at least one foul instead of relying on the outside shot for games three through six.

And really, the NBA made Jason Terry's three-point try that would have forced overtime go errant? Give me a break.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

the is the sports logo forum not the stupid fake so called sport forum.  So post this in the lounge.

That's so silly. You think the NBA really wanted the Spurs to win the title in 1999, let alone the two times after that? You think that if they NBA could have gotten both the Knicks and Lakers in the Finals in 2000, they would have? Explain how the Nets made two Finals in a row? Or how the NBA would have "allowed" the Mavs to beat the reigning MVP Steve Nash?

NBA conspiracy theories are so bogus. Sure, the refs can sometimes be bad, but perhaps the soft Mavericks could have tried going inside to draw at least one foul instead of relying on the outside shot for games three through six.

And really, the NBA made Jason Terry's three-point try that would have forced overtime go errant? Give me a break.

I am not talking about those series. Explain to me this series, explain to me this playoffs.

You can throw those other games at me all you want, but for every title like that, I can give you the MJ years, where without the NBA refs, Jordan wouldn't have won all of those titles. It sounds like heresy now, but that is why they do it. In one of the ultimate teams sports, you couldn't win with just two players without the help of the refs. Give them the calls so much that people get swept up in the hype and don't question it.

I am from NY, and if you don't think the league wanted the Knicks to win a title you are crazy. The refs let them beat the holy hell out of there opponents and said nothing. Patrick Ewing got every call in the book and traveled while doing it, while Oakley and X-Man just kicked the crap out of everyone.

And you can sit here and call me crazy, but you will never know for sure. Like Bill Simmons documented, they may not put a direct fix in, but they purposely schedule weaker refs for home games where the home team that they want to win needs a win because they will be swayed by the crowd. They are the only league that doesn't use the best ref's only from the regular season in the final and playoffs. And that is how you get those phantom calls at the end of games, missed calls that the crowd would kill you for.

If the steroid scandal in baseball proves anything, it is that major sports leagues have no problem looking the other way or allowing things to happen for the betterment of thier sport without any question to ethics or morals or the fans.

And if you don't believe that, then you are the one who is silly... or better yet naive.

I hate them both, WWE (WWF) should just go back to the former Wrestle Mania logos they were using before Wrestle Mania 2000. Because ever since then, the logo gets worse every year instead of better.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

If it's ever been on ESPN at any point in time of ESPN's existance...sad to say, it's a sport.

Poker, Dominos, Scrabble, Spelling Bees, Golf, XFL highlights, bears landing on trampolines...

If Poker, NASCAR, and the Scripps National Spelling Bee are sports, this can be also.

The fact that you put nascar in that group shows your ignorance.

I don't want to go into the reasons that auto racing is not a sport, but I will say that sports are ATHLETIC competitions, so pardon me if I speak out against a "sport" that can only be performed while sitting down for hours at a time.

AND the fact that you think that wrestling fans think that wrestling is real, makes you an idiot as well.

Um, I never said that. I know that wrestling fans can tell that it is not real. That's like saying that action movie fans like fight sequences because they think that they are real. I know that wrestling fans can better discern the line between real and fake in regards to what they are watching, but it is still entertaining to see someone do a somersalt over the top rope or fall off of a 15' platform, regardless of whether or not it is real. It's certainly more exciting than watching a car drive in an ellipse.

You can't make the next Jordan from an awkward 7 foot tall german guy with broken english.

Good point, despite the fact that Nowitzki's English is darn good. He speaks better English than 90% of the NBA. (And that's not a shot at black players, but rather players of any color that can't conjugate a verb or pick out a synonym every once in a while.)

If it's ever been on ESPN at any point in time of ESPN's existance...sad to say, it's a sport.

Poker, Dominos, Scrabble, Spelling Bees, Golf, XFL highlights, bears landing on trampolines...

Actually, ESPN stands for the Entertainment and Sports Programming Network. That is how they get by with airing things that are not sports, so long as they can classify it as entertaining, be it Scrabble, dominos, poker, whatever.

Whether or not I think that those are "Entertainment" is irrelevant.

wow an arguement about wrestling

okay here it is one for you:

people like it

people don't like it

people who like it, watch it on TV and pay money to see in person

people who don't like it spends wasteful energy trying to tell the people who like it to get a life

i prefer jello mud wrestling between two hotties myself

plus i would rather spend 40 bucks on WrestleMania then spend 60 bucks on a boxing match that last 2 rounds.

Archived