Who Deserves A Championship?

fonz

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They may deserve it, but first they have to EARN it. Reason why they haven't won a championship is because they haven't tried hard enough to earn one. They may deserve it, but without the effort of other championship teams, they can't earn one.

The team/player who deserves a championship the most is the team that wins it's respective playoff and/or tournament.

Case Closed.

I agree---perhaps a better question would be which team or player would you like to see win a championship?

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

How about one for any of the Cleveland teams? That city has suffered a LONG time.

After that? Seattle and San Diego.

Cleveland could suffer for a hundred more years and I wouldn't care.

You'd have to put Buffalo at the top of the list of cities who deserve a championship.

PvO6ZWJ.png

As for cities I have two big ones...total personal bias: San Diego and Norwich, UK.

The teams are obvious. Padres & Canaries.

I'd also love to see what would happen if the USA won the World Cup. Just seeing worldwide reactions as well as the reactions of most of the United States.

As for players there's really only one choice: Barry Bonds. C'mon. What player deserves it more? :P

-Daniel
Check Out My Podcast! Latest Episode 273: The Color Blinky
Latest Photo Upload: January 7, 2012

Cincinnati Bengals baby!!!

and the UC Bearcats, because I feel we had it wrapped up in 1999-2000, when Kenyon martin was a senior and went down with the injury.

Man, we were awesome that year.

The bengals do deserve it because of 88 and Joe Montana alone.

Kenyon Martin was a freshman that year. He left right after that.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Nah, Kenyon Martin left as a senior. Honest.

I'd like to see a championship in Buffalo, Cleveland or Seattle.

I also think that Michael Jordan ruined the the championship prospects for a lot of great players who were unfortunate to be in their prime at the same time: Ewing, Malone, Stockton, Barkley, Reggier Miller and Gary Payton (well, until last week). All of those guys were dominant in their own ways, but ran into the best player ever. It took MJ's retirement for Hakeem and David Robinson to finally win championships.

While I love the MJ era and the 80's dominance of the Lakers, Celtics and Pistons, it is fun to see this new era of NBA where many teams have a shot. We've now had three different teams win in three different years, including the first first-time champion since 1999. Football's had a couple of first-time champions since (Pats and Bucs), while baseball has had what might as well be first-ever championships for both Sox teams. It's so hard to get over that hurdle in the NBA, and we might soon see teams like the Mavs, Nuggets, Clips or Cavs join the Heat as new champions.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Nah, Kenyon Martin left as a senior. Honest.

I'd like to see a championship in Buffalo, Cleveland or Seattle.

I also think that Michael Jordan ruined the the championship prospects for a lot of great players who were unfortunate to be in their prime at the same time: Ewing, Malone, Stockton, Barkley, Reggier Miller and Gary Payton (well, until last week). All of those guys were dominant in their own ways, but ran into the best player ever. It took MJ's retirement for Hakeem and David Robinson to finally win championships.

While I love the MJ era and the 80's dominance of the Lakers, Celtics and Pistons, it is fun to see this new era of NBA where many teams have a shot. We've now had three different teams win in three different years, including the first first-time champion since 1999. Football's had a couple of first-time champions since (Pats and Bucs), while baseball has had what might as well be first-ever championships for both Sox teams. It's so hard to get over that hurdle in the NBA, and we might soon see teams like the Mavs, Nuggets, Clips or Cavs join the Heat as new champions.

I'd put the Suns ahead of the Nuggets, Clippers and Cavs, I think the two teams that have the best chance of winning it are the Mavs and Suns

Before he retired, I'd've said Rafael Palmeiro, but looking at his playoff numbers is disheartening. He's never succeeded with the game on the line in the playoffs.

That said, I'm looking at another 60 years till Philly wins a title again, most likely (the way the ownership is in this town), so I have a whiles to wait.

LvZYtbZ.png

Archived