O'Grady Strikes Again...

tBBP

I know I don't know a lot--actually, I don't know ANYONE on these boards, but I'm familiar with a couple posters. I also don't know all the history behind this community or the people in it, but some things/names/topics just keep popping up. And this Tom O'Grady character seems to have a real bone with this community, I've noticed. Why ol' boy keep hatin' so much?

Anyway, as I was reading the uniwatchblog.com comments for today, this came up in regards to ISU's new logo...

#18 by Tom O'Grady on 06.30.06 10:38 am | Quote This Comment   

Couple things on today?s ?Cyclones? blog.

#1. Casting no malace towards Josh personally, is it really a good thing to turn over a Big Ten brand identity to a recent graduate? Me thinks not.

Josh Wagner, who describes himself as ?a recent Iowa State graduate who currently dabbles in a little bit of everything ? film, photography. and design.? The design work is what concerns us here, because Wagner has a logo-overhaul project in mind.

#2. If you have a vision and a true passion for reasons for the Cyclones change, Josh, the last place you want to reaffirmation or acceptance is on the Creamer Forums.

LESSON 1 on SPORTS BRANDING. Nothing ever good comes from the Creamer boards. And remember to secure any future logo work because those knuckleheads will be sure to try and steal your thunder?LEAKERS ANONYMOUS.

#3.The Iowa State Cyclones logo is some of SME?s better work. Much of Dan Simon?s ?Simonized? critter renderings are based up this Cardinal Cyclone?clenching jaw, too many teeth, over illustrated typefonts. Yeah, it?s a classic critter.

T.

(As an aside, on that blog today is a "legitimate" showing of the new Buffalo Sabres logos. Slug, perhaps? Take a look...)

Anyway, seem like this O'Grady cat need to be slammed up against--or maybe just put through--a brick wall or something. Thoughts/comments?

Looks like O'Grady is once again making quite the batch of whine with his abundance of sour grapes. Here's hoping he'll fade away and be relegated to a life of designing ABA logos, forever trying to cash bouncing checks.

LESSON 1 on SPORTS BRANDING. Nothing ever good comes from the Creamer boards. And remember to secure any future logo work because those knuckleheads will be sure to try and steal your thunder?LEAKERS ANONYMOUS.

You know, this guy is only hurting himself in the process. I was actually considering pitching him to be a contributer for a marketing website and e-newsletter that I manage. But when a guy goes off on a bunch of civillians (and I mean that in a nice way, not knowing how many of you are pros, and how many are talented artists looking for a break!), he shows what kind of a loose cannon he is!

O'Grady can catch a lot more field with honey than vinegar.

Apparently his comment got taken down because I can't find it but I have seen where it is quoted.

He's the biggest hypocrite ever. He complains about this board yet he is one of the board?s biggest donors as pointed out by a previous thread. The funny thing about the Sabres leak was we weren't the ones who leaked it. It was originally found on a Sabres message board and then was posted here.

He is a lot different in person. A couple of us know from experience.

. . . which makes his behavior that much more puzzling to me (as someone who is very much a "civilian", to use timparry's term).

. . . which makes his behavior that much more puzzling to me (as someone who is very much a "civilian", to use timparry's term).

People show their true colors when they can be pretty much anonymous and hide behind a computer screen.

His comment got taken down because I took him to task for it. I said we were blessed for Tom to take time out of his busy schedule to publicly cut down these boards and make a snide comment about Dan Simon in the process.

Someone else followed up and agreed with me, then all 3 posts were deleted.

I expect a not-so-friendly email from Mr. Lukas about it when I get home.

Thanks for bringing this to light bucco b, but if we all ignore him he'll go away. By talking about his comments we're doing exactly what he wants. He wants us to know that he's publicly bashing us.

People show their true colors when they can be pretty much anonymous and hide behind a computer screen.

Good point.

Clearly O'Grady does not understand what the Internet is.

It is a source of immediate information. I don't want to read about today's news in the newspaper tomorrow. I want to read about news the second it happens.

We aren't stealing anything. It's not like we find these logos, then vectorize them, and sell t-shirts and hats. We just get excited about logos.

We aren't stealing anything. It's not like we find these logos, then vectorize them, and sell t-shirts and hats. We just get excited about logos.

Logos that aren't his.

Note the emphasis. It's the source of the jealousy and bitterness.

Guys, let's take the high road and leave Mr. O'Grady and his site along. He's not going to change his mind about us and we're not going to change our minds about him.

Again, two words: High Road.

it's called a joke..... just trying to make a funny :P

Archived