Tampa Bay Lightning Uniforms

Funky Monk

Hi, so it seems like alot of people thiink that the Lightning need a overhaul. I agree that the logo looks a little cartoonish, but honestly how else can you draw Lightning?

I think they should use thier secondary logo as their primary (the one with no script and Florida in the background). I also think that they should make Blue the primary color instead of Black, and maybe a 3rd jersey that is Grey kind of like the new Sudbury Wolves jersey(Just the color not the Diagonal lettering) of the OHL.

Since I have no clue how to make these concept jeseys some of you guys should make a few and see what you can come up with. Try and think of a new logo, it's almost impossible.

I hope you aren't talking about the logo with the fist holding the lightning bolt?, that was terrible, or the one with the shield with Tampa Bay written on the top, that one is just as bad.

what he is telling you is to use the search function on these boards and find concepts that member created involving the Lightning.

and by the way, if the Lightning ever change their identity, PLEASE let them keep their colors.

I hope you aren't talking about the logo with the fist holding the lightning bolt?, that was terrible, or the one with the shield with Tampa Bay written on the top, that one is just as bad.

They weren't horrible. And the point of the Concepts forum is to post concepts you've done. Not ask people to do concepts for you. That goes in the requests forum.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

• 4 weeks later...
The state of Florida in the background looks like a penis

Really mature

I don't see a penis anywhere in the Lightning's logo. When I was little I thought that the blue state of Florida was the sky and the gray around it was clouds. Turns out, of course, it's not. However, I like the Lightning's look and I don't think they need to change it at all. Also they won the Stanley Cup in these jerseys, so I don't think they'll change their uniforms for a while.

Hi, so it seems like alot of people thiink that the Lightning need a overhaul. I agree that the logo looks a little cartoonish, but honestly how else can you draw Lightning?

I think they should use thier secondary logo as their primary (the one with no script and Florida in the background). I also think that they should make Blue the primary color instead of Black, and maybe a 3rd jersey that is Grey kind of like the new Sudbury Wolves jersey(Just the color not the Diagonal lettering) of the OHL.

Since I have no clue how to make these concept jeseys some of you guys should make a few and see what you can come up with. Try and think of a new logo, it's almost impossible.

sounds a lot like what i designed in my re-design of the nhl...

primarily blue, with a grey alternate, and a scriptless logo.

TBL.png

it's one of my favorite concepts i've done. got a lot of good feedback on the 2-tone logo from the alternate.

thread: http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=27907&hl=

The state of Florida in the background looks like a penis

Really mature

Why the insult?

Did uguerrero say that to be crude or think it's a funny joke?

Or did he say it because it's true.

I know the first time I saw that logo--that's what I thought.

And I am not trying to joke, make fun, be immature, or make everything about sex.

If something looks like something--it looks like something.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

It should be a RULE that any Lightning concepts should take the state of florida OUT of the logo. The only reason it is there in the 1st place is because this was the 1st team in the southeast(since the atlanta flames of back in the day).

We've won a Cup. I think we can get over the whole "hockey in the south" thing now....

SigReflect.png

I like the secondary logo. I don't see a penis probably because I'm not an idiot and notice it to be the state of Florida right away. (And I always have, even before moving here.)

You guys are acting like it's the designer's fault what the state looks like. It's still a nice looking logo.

I do think the uniforms/logos could use some work, though. But everytime I think about it I can't really picture anything better. I have yet to see a concept that I REALLY like and would be willing to replace the current stuff with. Although I do like Cole's concept.

In regards to the state of FL being in that secondary logo, they story behind that goes that (and this much I know) the Tampa Bay area is the lightning-strike capital of the world--that's the reason the team even got that name. The lightning bolt goes right across the area of FL where the Tampa Bay area is.

It's not a bad-looking logo--at least the secondary version anyway.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

It should be a RULE that any Lightning concepts should take the state of florida OUT of the logo. The only reason it is there in the 1st place is because this was the 1st team in the southeast(since the atlanta flames of back in the day).

We've won a Cup. I think we can get over the whole "hockey in the south" thing now....

coyotes have the state of arizona in their alternate logo...

stars have the state of texas in their alternate logo... and they won the cup, too... "hockey in the south" isn't what it's about... the houston astros also have the state of texas in their alternate logo, and i can promise you it isn't because baseball is a novelty in texas. :)

state shapes make for good logos, in my eyes.

You guys are acting like it's the designer's fault what the state looks like. It's still a nice looking logo.

No, I'm not--I'm saying it's a poor design choice to use it becasue of what the state itself looks like...

And it looks even more phallic by putting the bolt over it, and blocking the "non-phallic" looking parts.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

coyotes have the state of arizona in their alternate logo...

stars have the state of texas in their alternate logo... and they won the cup, too... "hockey in the south" isn't what it's about... the houston astros also have the state of texas in their alternate logo, and i can promise you it isn't because baseball is a novelty in texas. :)

state shapes make for good logos, in my eyes.

You make valid points.........

But you're still wrong. :)

SigReflect.png

Archived