2007 MLB All-Star Logo to be unveiled 7-14-06

IronChefShark

During the Giants broadcast tonight it was announced that the logo for the 2007 All Star Game, to be held in San Francisco, will be unveiled prior to the Giants game vs. the Phillies on July 14.

So Im guessing that it will be completely different than the logo we saw last year that was unveiled when the 2007 all star game was first awarded to the Giants. (I posted a pic of it a while back. Ill post it again once I find it)

I guess now I have to get a ticket to that game. Im guessing the logo has at least two elements in it: the GGB and some form of a ball splashing down into McCovey Cove.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's too bad, I like that logo. Was there any symbolism in the 6 stars?

I thought they represented each of the All-Star games hosted by the Giants, but 2007 will only be their fifth.

Save the slugalo.

I only have one question ... I thought the All Star host cities alternated NL-AL-NL-AL, etc. Then why will the 2006 game be played in Pittsburgh, followed by the 2007 game played in San Francisco - what gives here ??

And, the hyphen looks awkward to me, not the splash.

LibertyBowl.png

I only have one question ... I thought the All Star host cities alternated NL-AL-NL-AL, etc. Then why will the 2006 game be played in Pittsburgh, followed by the 2007 game played in San Francisco - what gives here ??

I think it has something to do with the league promising to give an all star game to cities that build new stadiums. With their being more new stadiums in the nl than al, the league is stepping out of order to give san fran a game when it would traditionally give one to an al team. I remember reading something about this somewhere, but I can?t put my finger on it. Correct me if I?m wrong.

ESPNUAkron.jpg2002-2006 ALUMNI 2007-2009 ESPNUSeton.jpg

I think it has something to do with the league promising to give an all star game to cities that build new stadiums. With their being more new stadiums in the nl than al, the league is stepping out of order to give san fran a game when it would traditionally give one to an al team.

I think this is crap! The AL teams had to wait in line, the NL should do the same. Otherwise the AL would have hosted games from 1993 to 1999. I just think they need to go back to switching between the AL and NL now instead of waiting until 2008/2009 to alternate.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I think it has something to do with the league promising to give an all star game to cities that build new stadiums. With their being more new stadiums in the nl than al, the league is stepping out of order to give san fran a game when it would traditionally give one to an al team. I remember reading something about this somewhere, but I can?t put my finger on it. Correct me if I?m wrong.

Especailly now that they are playing for home field in the World Series, it only seems fair to keep the traditional rotation.

I believe that I also heard that 2008 is guaranteed to be an AL park, the question is where?

Yankee Stadiums i high on the list since it is presumably it's last season, but it seems like they would rather have it at New Yankee Stadium. The Angels also have a good shot since The Big A is basically a brand new ballpark compared to its older design.

I have no idea if this is correct, but I think the six stars are for the three divisions in each league.

And if the Angels are eventually awarded the ASG, will there be a battle between Anaheim and Los Angeles over which city will be put on the logo and will be the official host city? The Angels team themselves represent the entire LA area, while the host stadium itself is in Anaheim.

I believe that I also heard that 2008 is guaranteed to be an AL park, the question is where?

Yankee Stadiums i high on the list since it is presumably it's last season, but it seems like they would rather have it at New Yankee Stadium. The Angels also have a good shot since The Big A is basically a brand new ballpark compared to its older design.

there will NOT be an all-star game at old yankee stadium, the teams put in the bid for it and Big George said that since NYC wouldnt pay to renovate old yankee stadium in 1996 and they wouldnt go along with the 2001 plan that he wouldnt put the bid in b/c the owner/operator of the stadium gets hefty money for having the allstar game at their stadium (George didnt want the City of NY to get that money) he will prob. put in for the 09 all-star game (so will the mets) so 09 and 2010 (depends on washington) all-star game could be in NY

With the TSC out here just getting aprroval to get a whole new facelift, Arrowhead and Kauffman will get work like done to Soldier and Lambeau Fields. Because of this being approved, Kansas City was awarded an All-Star Game to be between the years 2010 and 2015 most likely 2013 as Selig put it at the celebration party. I hope the logo incorporates our scoreboard. We may not have the best team, but we hands down have the best scoreboard.

KC Jayhawk

With the TSC out here just getting aprroval to get a whole new facelift, Arrowhead and Kauffman will get work like done to Soldier and Lambeau Fields. Because of this being approved, Kansas City was awarded an All-Star Game to be between the years 2010 and 2015 most likely 2013 as Selig put it at the celebration party. I hope the logo incorporates our scoreboard. We may not have the best team, but we hands down have the best scoreboard.

KC Jayhawk

Those fountains are pretty cool, too.

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

Especailly now that they are playing for home field in the World Series, it only seems fair to keep the traditional rotation.

Just wondering - how does the park the All-Star Game is played in give any advantage to one team over the other?

Its not like the pitchers ever hit anyway, unless a team bats around in the first couple innings.

Yeah do that.  Do exactly THAT

Just wondering - how does the park the All-Star Game is played in give any advantage to one team over the other?

Its not like the pitchers ever hit anyway, unless a team bats around in the first couple innings.

The home team has the advantage batting in the bottom half of an inning.

I only have one question ... I thought the All Star host cities alternated NL-AL-NL-AL, etc.  Then why will the 2006 game be played in Pittsburgh, followed by the 2007 game played in San Francisco - what gives here ??

You are correct. Bud kinda dodged the question when asked about abandoning the alternating format. I know, shocking.

AL Teams (last ASG hosted)

Baltimore (1993)

Boston (1999)

Chicago (2003)

Cleveland (1997)

Detroit (2005)

Kansas City (1973)

Los Angeles (1989)

Minnesota (1985)

New York (1977)

Oakland (1987)

Seattle (2001)

Tampa Bay (none)

Texas (1995)

Toronto (1991)

If KC is getting one at the start of the next decade, and Minnesota and NY are waiting for new stadiums, then that would logically put LA and Oakland (and their new renovated stadiums) near the top of the list. And somehow, I don't think the Trop is getting an All-Star Game.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Archived