2007 MLB All-Star Logo to be unveiled 7-14-06

IronChefShark

What would the D-Rays' bid package be like?

"Um, it won't rain, and..uh...Stanley Cup! Super Bowl! And...uh...Cat walk Home-run Derby.

I'll just see myself out."

There was an op-ed piece in USA Today last week in which Selig stated that the rotational thing wasn't set in stone, and that he does want to show off new stadia as much as possible.

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it's hard to verify their authenticity."

--Abraham Lincoln

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oakland's not getting one unless they get a brand new stadium. It was renovated for the benefit of the Raiders, not the A's. The Angels' renovated stadium is more like something MLB would want to show off.

You used to hold me

Tell me that I was the best

Anything in this world I want

I could posses

All that made me want

Was all that I can get

In order to survive

Gotta learn to live with regrets

-President Carter

And if the Angels are eventually awarded the ASG, will there be a battle between Anaheim and Los Angeles over which city will be put on the logo and will be the official host city? The Angels team themselves represent the entire LA area, while the host stadium itself is in Anaheim.

Neither city's name would be on the logo if the Angels were awarded the game; and, even if it were, the city of Los Angeles couldn't care less about being associated with it. With the improvements they've made to their ballpark, the Dodgers deserve to host an All-Star Game more than the Angels . . . and this is coming from an Angels fan who hates the Dodgers!

8557127226_fbd001ef58_n.jpg

What would the D-Rays' bid package be like?

"Um, it won't rain, and..uh...Stanley Cup! Super Bowl! And...uh...Cat walk Home-run Derby.

I'll just see myself out."

There was an op-ed piece in USA Today last week in which Selig stated that the rotational thing wasn't set in stone, and that he does want to show off new stadia as much as possible.

Bud is trying to help the NL be competitive by giving them homefield in the ASG.

Let's try the team list again then:

AL Teams (last ASG hosted)

Baltimore (1993)

Boston (1999)

Chicago (2003)

Cleveland (1997)

Detroit (2005)

Kansas City (1973)

Los Angeles (1989)

Minnesota (1985)

New York (1977)

Oakland (1987)

Seattle (2001)

Tampa Bay (none)

Texas (1995)

Toronto (1991)

NL Teams (last ASG hosted)

Arizona (none)

Atlanta (2000)

Chicago (1990)

Cincinnati (1988)

Colorado (1998)

Florida (none)

Houston (2004)

Los Angeles (1980)

Milwaukee (2002)

New York (1964)

Philadelphia (1996)

Pittsburgh (2006)

St. Louis (1966)

San Diego (1992)

San Francisco (2007)

Washington (1969)

There are already new parks in Arizona, Cincinnati, Philadelphia, St. Louis, and San Diego. Then there are the new parks coming in New York and DC. And Florida probably won't get one until they relocate or get miraculous local funding.

I'm going out on a limb and guessing St. Louis for 2008.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Getting back to the logo....

I think it stinks. It has no dimension, the type faces are bland, the ball in the water is akward and not easy to figure out right away... I think it is just terrible.

The Giants made very nice and clever retro yet modern changes to the uniforms and San Francisco as a city is known for outstanding graphic design, and this logo is so blah. I for one am very dissapointed. i would have likes them to use the blocky font they use for the jersey numbers or even the script they use for Giants.

It looks like something made before Illustrator was invented.

Especailly now that they are playing for home field in the World Series, it only seems fair to keep the traditional rotation.

Just wondering - how does the park the All-Star Game is played in give any advantage to one team over the other?

Its not like the pitchers ever hit anyway, unless a team bats around in the first couple innings.

The home team has the advantage batting in the bottom half of an inning.

I've never understood how batting in the bottom half of an inning gives a team an advantage. You still need to have more runs than the other team before you both have 27 outs.

Save the slugalo.

Especailly now that they are playing for home field in the World Series, it only seems fair to keep the traditional rotation.

Just wondering - how does the park the All-Star Game is played in give any advantage to one team over the other?

Its not like the pitchers ever hit anyway, unless a team bats around in the first couple innings.

The home team has the advantage batting in the bottom half of an inning.

I've never understood how batting in the bottom half of an inning gives a team an advantage. You still need to have more runs than the other team before you both have 27 outs.

I think people like to know what they need to get. I also don't think it gives a team an advantage but they like it better.

saBS.png

Won't happen, b/c Pittsburgh and SF back to back would almost guarantee an AL Team gets it in 08. Maybe 09...

San Diego, Arizona, Cincinnati, Philly--all have new digs, Mets, Yanks, Nationals, to join, plus throw in something like Wrigley or Dodger Stadium at some point...

...also didn't Selig say the Royals are getting it b/w 2010-2014 depending on their whole stadium overhaul thing?

----------------------------------

And as for batting in the bottom of the inning, it IS an advantage because you know what you need to do so you don't lose a game. If you're on the road, you need to go for the kill. You can play a little more conservatively at home knowing you only need _____. You play for the lead on the road, and for the tie at home as the saying goes.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

I would be very suprised if the Yankees don't get it in 2008. It will be the last- or second to last- year of Yankee Stadium and they haven't had it since 1977.

That's too bad, I like that logo. Was there any symbolism in the 6 stars?

Each star represents a needle that Barry Bonds injects into his butt every day.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

MLB Should go back to alternating between leagues

My Future All-Star Game Sites:

2007 San Francisco (NL)

2008 Anaheim (AL)

2009 St. Louis (NL)

2010 Minnesota (AL)

2011 Arizona (NL)

2012 New York (AL)

2013 Cincinnati (NL)

2014 Kansas City (AL)

2015 San Diego (NL)