Unchosen Sabres logos

ebod39

I post this to show that options were designed for Sabres with the "fan" in mind.

These are actual designs submitted for the Sabres logo project, these are not unsolicited

designs. They depict modernizations of the old logo, which is what everyone really wants

and another sleeker version that actually has a concept and reason behind it. The others are merely rough pencil sketches of thoughts.

I have no idea where in the process these may have been ruled out or maybe not even shown, but they are there for the using.

Pardon the color, they may be off but it's supposed to be the colors on the logosheet leaked.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c147/bods39/31ac86ca.gif

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c147/bods39/Concept-2.gif

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c147/bods39/Concept-3.gif

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c147/bods39/Concept-4.gif

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c147/bods39/Sketches1.jpg

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So basically they chose the absolute worst one. Could there have been a miscomunication? The Buffaslug was picked to be eliminated but someone thought it was just picked? Now there is no stoping the giant buffaslug from destroying good taste and fashion all around the NHL!!!

shamrockles.png

shamrocklescronological.png

And I don't know why people don't like the red & black one--other than they don't like the colour change...

They didn't need to change the logo.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

And I don't know why people don't like the red & black one--other than they don't like the colour change...

That is what i said. the logo was great as it was and only acolour change was needed.

logo.png

Their name is the Sabres not the Buffaloes.

I like the the 3 set the best however I feel like the sabres and outline in the logos need to be a bit thicker.

I like the the 3 set the best however I feel like the sabres and outline in the logos need to be a bit thicker.

I know that--but people seem to hate it beyond that.

(I forgot to add that in to my original post)

It's not like all the propose ideas have sabres in them either.

The old logos I found bland--although I appreciated the pictorial representation of the team name-Swords Bison ( :D )

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Yet again more proposed logos bastardizing the Thrashers rounded triangle thingey.

I like these though. This is all we wanted; blue and gold with a modernized version of the original logo.

Not a piece of hairy fruit :cry:

Because it's the wrong colours and it has nothing to do with the name of the team.

If some expansion team had created the Goat Lord uniforms I wouldn't have a problem. But they're not and never have been the Buffalo Sabres.

PapelbonSpaceship.png

bannerlong.jpg

(I forgot to add that in to my original post)

It's not like all the propose ideas have sabres in them either.

The old logos I found bland--although I appreciated the pictorial representation of the team name-Swords Bison ( :D )

It's too complicated. There are seemingly random blobs of color scattered throughout the logo. It looks nothing like a buffalo and doesn't flow like it should.

Save the slugalo.

I have always like the "goathead" but think it it's too busy and with a little cleanup

could be better and nice option also. The Seahawks did it in the NFL, so why not.

The shield is used as a nod to heraldry, coat of arms with the crossed swords.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Archived