Tampa Bay Bandits

gordie_delini

As of right now, I see it as a secondary logo. I'd like to see it as part of a uniform set to see how well it works. Aside from that, I like the logo. Well done, although the skull and bandana thing seems to have been used quite a bit in recent years.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

I don't think it was intended to be pink but rather a highlight of the mask. The red was possibly made lighter almost a pink to achieve this look. Good Job! :D

Here ya' go I thought about this and made it up right quick. I hope you don't mind me posting this but I wanted to see if this would work for you. I used the ragged ends of the rag to shape the letters "T'' and "B'' for Tampa Bay, to incorporate it into the design. If you want, clean it up and use it in your concept

TampaBayBanditsRag.jpg

wow Brian, nice work on this. If you want to put a hat on it, I dont mind, just as long as it isnt a typical pirate hat. By the way, number 2 is the one I'd choose.

To let everyone know, I wanted a pirate theme with this to embody a bandit.

Keep moving in the direction of your second piece. Notice how much bolder and stronger the black shadows are. Now, lets think about this for a second. Are skulls and cloth bandanas shiny? No, and thus the highlights are unneeded. All they do is add unnecessary colors and detract from the simplicity and elegance of the marks. I'm also not sure about the point that forms the eyebrow of the far socket. It's an attention hog because it looks so strange.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

They are both good logos, but I'd go with the second one. The black helps it stand out more than the first. I would agree on adding a hat, to make it look more "Bandit-ish".

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

Well I think I may end up tweaking this altogether, since Garrett wanted a pirate theme. As for the shadows on the skull, I took those directly off of a reference photo, so the one you were questioning Andrew was how it was like in the photo. Anyway, I'll post just the skull so far, then updates when I have more of a pirate theme going.

OD_Signature.jpg

Brian, if you want to go with a hybrid pirate/western bandit thats fine with me. Maybe a hat similar to what the 'Bucco Bruce' logo had.

More bandanas and puffy shirts, please. Anyone up for a musical? :P:D

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

super nice start...

agreed second one...

try this...

use second one, take away highlights on both, take all of the skulls darl shading in the back and make it all black, take away the shadows in the front of the skull.

so now there should be only 3 colors, red-eggshell-black. thicken the black areas that are a little thin (where the bandana is on the face around the eyes)

as i always say, might not work, but should give you ideas.

footer_helmet.gif

Archived