Brewers & Twins in Armed Forces Hats

DMadSport

Both the Milwaukee Brewers and Minnesota Twins are sporting special caps in honor of the branches of the US Armed Forces tonight (7/1, as this is being written) and tomorrow (7/2). The hat design has the regular hat logos moved to the player's right side; a U.S. flag on the left side; and the branches' initials front and center in block lettering. Each player is sporting a different branch:

ARMY and NAVY are both white on dark blue (a shade of blue not unlike the Brewers' and Twins' regular hats).

AIR FORCE is in a lighter shade of blue.

USMC is the most noticible--the Marine Corps colors of red and gold (Torii Hunter and Cory Koskie are wearing this hat).

COAST GUARD is also represented (though I can't describe it at the moment as I haven't spotted them on the broadcast yet).

More here in a Twins press release from late last month.

Both the Milwaukee Brewers and Minnesota Twins are sporting special caps in honor of the branches of the US Armed Forces tonight (7/1, as this is being written) and tomorrow (7/2).  The hat design has the regular hat logos moved to the player's right side; a U.S. flag on the left side; and the branches' initials front and center in block lettering.  Each player is sporting a different branch:

ARMY and NAVY are both white on dark blue (a shade of blue not unlike the Brewers' and Twins' regular hats).

AIR FORCE is in a lighter shade of blue.

USMC is the most noticible--the Marine Corps colors of red and gold (Torii Hunter and Cory Koskie are wearing this hat).

COAST GUARD is also represented (though I can't describe it at the moment as I haven't spotted them on the broadcast yet).

More here in a Twins press release from late last month.

the COast guard is a royal blue hat with USCG in Orange I assume, it looked red, but CG uses orange right?

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

I'm not a fan of this. If they really want to honor the armed forces they should wear a full uni that has the armed forces logos or name on it. Having just a hat is a cop out. At least the Padres ALSO do a full camo uni to match the hat. These guys should do the same. Whats next? a NAVY wrist band?

I'm not a fan of this. If they really want to honor the armed forces they should wear a full uni that has the armed forces logos or name on it. Having just a hat is a cop out. At least the Padres ALSO do a full camo uni to match the hat. These guys should do the same. Whats next? a NAVY wrist band?

Um, did you actually read the posted story, or just look at the photo of the hat, and start to :censored: about the lack of a matching uni? Because, if you did read the story, you might have come across this tid-bit:

As part of FSN North's weeklong "Operation Home Base," FSN North will broadcast the Saturday, July 1 Twins versus Milwaukee Brewers game (6:10 p.m.) commercial-free. The commercial breaks and in-game promotions will be replaced with live reports from Iraq, greetings from soldiers to their families, and humaninterest stories, featuring military families from communities throughout the North region.

Or maybe this:

Current and former members of the United States Armed Services may obtain four FREE Upper Club tickets for that afternoon's game provided by the Twins Community Fund's TwinsCare ticket donation program.

I think that's quite enough to honor the troops, thank you very much. If the guys in Iraq were asked if they'd rather have the Twinsd and Brewers wear a camo jeresy, or have the messages read to their family, guess which they'd rather have? Get a clue, dope.

Moose

I didn't mind the blue caps, but the red ones were pretty bright, especially when you had other players wearing blue on the same team at the same time. I was a touch surprized they didn't standardize the cap colors for all the branches to keep the uniforms consistant, but I'm sure the Marines wouldn't have liked having Air Force or Navy colored caps.

I'm almost surprized that some batter didn't whine about the pitcher wearing something "distracting" and make him change it. Good thing they didn't or they would have looked like a total ass though.

It was fun watching the troops in Iraq watching the game since it was a mix of happy Twins fans and bummin' Brewers fans in the same group when the Twins pulled out a late win on Saturday.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Archived