White Sox tweaks

patsox

I was actually having this discussion with my sister yesterday, when shw asked why the Cubs don't have names on their uniforms.

The nameless home jersey should be reserved for teams that are classic. Namely, the Giants, Dodgers, Yankees, Cubs, and Red Sox. The away jersey should always have names on it, but the Yankees can get away with it.

The point I made was that some teams never had them, so it looks right, and some teams are more modern looking so it looks a little out of place.

The reason you have no names on the home jersey is because your home fans know what number each player is. The away should have a name on it, because the away fans do not know. The smug Yankees, again, can get away with this.

The White Sox have changed uniforms a few times in their history. The teams that go sans name do not have any funimental uni changes in their history.

Plus, the white Sox have a more modern classical look. I know that is an oxymoron, but that is really the only way to describe it.

Another note, I would make the Sox alternate logo be the mainstay on the black alt.

Good effort should always be rewarded, so good job.

-Dieter

I honestly don't see any of these changes as being necessary. Dropping player names out of the blue is a mistake, which the Dodgers have figured out. Also, the home alt is pointless, as it's the same exact uniform with the alternate logo slapped on the front. All good alts have at least some sort of difference in the jersey, be it color or sleeve style. And, you still have yet to take the time to make your concepts look post-worthy, as here the pinstripes of the home alt don't line up in some places and are completely missing on parts of the back. The point of posting a concept is that you've taken the time to get rid of all the human error mistakes so all discussion can be directed at the stylistic elements. Rule of thumb: if it look like it took you less than 15 minutes, something isn't right.

VmWIn6B.png

I just love designing. It is my passion and I will never allow a sloppy job.

EDIT: If you used a somewhat more pinstriped pattern, I would like this better.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Oh sorry Mr. Adobe. Maybe if I had photoshop I would be able to help that @$$ wipe.

I'm sorry, but only having MS Paint does not make up for the fact it appears you can't recreate a simple pinstripe pattern. If you can't get the line widths to match up the way you like it, erase it and make your own.

Fancy software won't add up to :censored: if you don't have the talent to begin with or take the time to do a good job.

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

Oh sorry Mr. Adobe. Maybe if I had photoshop I would be able to help that @$$ wipe.

Using Paint is no excuse. Most of the concepts on this site are done with Paint, but very few are as sloppy and as rushed as yours. If you don't want to step up your game, fine, but then change the language on your site, Einstein. You say you will never allow a sloppy job, you should change it to you can only do a sloppy job because you don't want to get better, you just want people to like your sorry ass concepts. However as much as your concepts presently suck, your attitude sucks even worse. Go download Inkscape (a vector graphics program, similar to, but severely limited when compared to, Adobe Illustrator), and practice, practice, practice.

By the way, it's Mr. Thornton, not Mr. Adobe. I use Macromedia Flash 5, not any of the Adobe products. And yes, I am an a$$hole, but it doesn't mean that I'm not right. :P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

just like all the rest, having MS Paint does not give you the excuse to make sloppy designs, I have MS Paint and I make sure that it is never sloppy. Just look at the Kalamazoo Tech Kobras, all done in Paint and you will not see one spec of white and not one mistake, look through your designs, make sure you have it all done correctly and maybe just maybe we won't laugh at you.

Maybe this thread will finally shut you up, Patsox.

Oh, and there's no way you did that yourself. You have a watermark on there, which you can't possibly know how to put on and, if you did, couldn't do it with Paint. Either you lifted it from somewhere else, or you took someone else's work and edited it. Way to go.

You can always download adobe. Adobes website has a 30 day trial. Also im sure you could find adobe 7 full time on the internet.

Paint can be used but you should make sure its "CLEAN". Such as jew's sig. He uses paint it looks like it was from adobe imo.

Also boyer is right it doesnt look like you did it. From your other concepts that you make you havent left a watermark (that i am aware off ). If you posted that i took this from someone else or w/e, mabye we would have alittle more respect.

4kv29i.jpg

The alternate could get cleaned up a little bit. And maybe make it a little more complicated so that it differs from the home version. Right now, it doesn't really have anything distinctive from the home jersey.

If you keep practicing though, MS Paint really isn't that hard. All my concepts for my NHL set that I'm working on here are from MS Paint. That's all I use. No other programs to make it better or anything, just straight up Paint.

Keep practicing, fool around with the tools a little, and just have fun with the program, and you'll get better. Simple as that :)!

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

I'd also like to say that MS Paint is no excuse. I've tried a few free vector graphics programs, but I went back to Paint because it's what I know (also the programs took up a ton of space). I'm used to paint, knowing how all the controls work etc.

If you don't feel comfortable with Paint, then forget about a vector program. Stick to your roots until you are good enough to try something different. A more expensive program won't make you a better designer.

PS: It is possible to incorporate watermarks into Paint, without creating them in Paint. A while back I made some sigs, called 'em "Flashback Sigs". There was a team's current logo, with a watermark of a past logo behind it.

Anyways, I made the watermark in Word Perfect, yes, Word Perfect, then I resized it to my liking, pressed the print screen button and copied it to the sig template.

INNOVATION!

Maybe this thread will finally shut you up, Patsox.

Oh, and there's no way you did that yourself. You have a watermark on there, which you can't possibly know how to put on and, if you did, couldn't do it with Paint. Either you lifted it from somewhere else, or you took someone else's work and edited it. Way to go.

i can't believe that guy guy from deviantART did that in mspaint. thats crazy.

i have paint shop pro and my art skills are no where near that.

and PatSox, instead of copping an attitude with everyone, take everyone's C&C, examine your work and see what you think would make it look better. when the common theme is 'clean up your work', then maybe you need to take a look at your work and look at it and ask your self, "is this finished? is this something i can post on the boards with out being critiqued for cleanlyness?" look at your concepts and look at them from a board members pov and ask yourself "what can i do to make this better?". if you look at it from someone elses POV and certain things start to pop out, then maybe you need to go back and correct it. it may not be obvious at first and sometimes it helps having a board member point that out.

obviously you are always going to have a concept that you create that may not go well with the board, but you at least want to clean it up, make it presentable and take peoples C&C and work with the design and see if it looks better. more times than not when you incorporate peoples C&C in to your design it actually starts to look better than when you started out. I have had concepts that I have posted thinking "you know what, I like this and hopefully everyone else will like it", then it gets critiqued, boardmembers suggest what needs to be done. i then incorporate the ideas. and post another version of a concept, then it gets critiqued and they spot something else that needs changing and by the time i'm done with the concepts, it has evolved in to a design better than what i started out with. i've actually gone back looked at the final version of the concept after all the C&C and it would look miles better than what i started out with.

i'm not trying to attack you, just trying to help you out here.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Archived