New Bridgeport Soundtigers logo and uniforms

jkrdevil

They have used blue & orange more over than the blue and yellow, but not sure if they introduced them as their official colours. I know they've used that blue jersey in the past, but I've never seen that white one before.

Good find!

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

They have used blue & orange more over than the blue and yellow, but not sure if they introduced them as their official colours. I know they've used that blue jersey in the past, but I've never seen that white one before.

Good find!

so they have had something like this already?

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/y...9_1897_16405864

I saw, I came, I left.

Arrrgh, more cloning. Bad Sound Tigers. Bad! No biscuit!

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Good find!

so they have had something like this already?

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/y...9_1897_16405864

Yeah. I've seen that orange tiger logo on the blue jersey before.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Makes sense. Tigers are orange, not blue.

I like the original version better, but the revision isn't bad. It's the first time I've seen a white version of that jersey template, Bridgeport was using a blue and black version for the past few seasons.

I hope they don't totally become clones of the Islanders. The AHL is becoming to homogenized as clones of its parent affiliates. It's nice to see some creativity and uniqueness instead of carbon copies. At least Manchester and Portland haven't gone that route yet.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Bridgeport is right on the sound. Almost all of Connecticut's coast is on the sound.

That still doesn't explain why they're not just the Bridgeport Tigers.

Sound Tigers is a stupid name.

For the same reason the teams aren't the Albany Rats or the former Lowell Monsters.

"Tigers from the Sound"

Makes sense. Makes it a little more unique than just "Tigers".

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Bridgeport is right on the sound. Almost all of Connecticut's coast is on the sound.

That still doesn't explain why they're not just the Bridgeport Tigers.

Sound Tigers is a stupid name.

The Long Island sound is an intrical part of Connecticut in that other than Hartford, the most important cities in the state all live on the sound.

I will admit that I have yet to run into a Tiger while I was on the sound, it is just a way to make the name have a local flavor. Every fish and bird of the seas has been used to death on every minor league team we have had go through here, as has the whole submarine idea, which Connecticut is the submarine making capital of the world.

The reason they're called the "Tigers" when there are no tigers in Bridgeport is to pay some form of homage to PT Barnum (perhaps you've heard of his circus). Barnum was born in Bethel, CT (somewhat near Bridgeport) and he's buried there.

There's a Barnum museum in Bridgeport, and there's a Barnum Festival every year.

The reason they're called the "Tigers" when there are no tigers in Bridgeport is to pay some form of homage to PT Barnum (perhaps you've heard of his circus). Barnum was born in Bethel, CT (somewhat near Bridgeport) and he's buried there.

There's a Barnum museum in Bridgeport, and there's a Barnum Festival every year.

Jabs is right. When the Wolves played Bridgeport in the '02 Calder Cup finals they mentioned this when the lights went out during game 1. I like the name for the team. As far as Lowell goes just calling them the Devils they lose a bit of the identity they had with the area.

bleedsvg2014_03_03_12_53_210b.png

Edge2baWolves2d.jpg

Archived