Start of a New England Patriots Logo

Chief.

I started this about a month ago and decided to dig it up and post it. The colors are a little brighter on the .png than on the .ai file, it's meant to be navy and red. As always, I'm looking for some help with it.

NEPatriots.png

Chief,

The hat and head shape are interesting, but the lack of implied shapes in the face is detracting from your logo here. Work on using negative space to imply the features, especially the jawline and the brow.

Move away from using the basic vector shapes to imply features. Vector graphics are something to REALLY get a handle on...start thinking of things less as lines and circles and more about the shape you want to use.

Doug

This looks like the negative of the original image. The blue face just doesn't look good. Change the face to white, hat to blue, and trim to red and you have something.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

butt chin!

how is this helping his design?............

chief,

I see alot of potential in this design. Right now it is too simple and seems inconsistant. As I look at your design I see a mixture of curved and jagged lines. Picking one style will make the end design much better. Add more complexity to the face. His eyes, nose, and mouth need quite a bit of work. Keep working with it. Put more time in to it combined with our "constructive" comments and criticism will make this a good design.

SL

Untitled-3.gif

-s82.designs.webpage-

Brilliams!

Ownership

-CFA: South Beach Sharks

-NCFA: 2007 Beantown Bowl Champions; BNE Co-Champions

butt chin!

Your sense of humor bares a strange resemblence to that of my 5-year-old cousin. Except he's funnier.

Before I continue, is this a step in the right direction? I'm understanding (I think) what you're saying about facial structure:

NEPatriots3.png

The second version is better, but the feature are hard to see. Maybe change them to navy, or add a navy outline. Also the chin makes the head look awkward. What's between the chin line and the red outline? Nobody knows.

The design is looking better but there is no still little depth to his face. Also, the white and silver combo doesn't really work well with the face it's kinda hard to ee, maybe change the silver to blue or something. It's a good idea, just keep working on it.

scrap version 3 and work on version 2, 'cause you were heading in the right direction

maybe you could add a wig (or is it whig :)) to the area outside of his face with those same gray accents...it would frame the face a little better

jldesigns404eo.png

You seem to be aiming for dramatic shadows and highlights in the face. To achieve that, you need to think about where light would hit the features of the face. If you're having trouble visualizing it, put a spotlight on your face from one side and take a picture. In Photoshop, increase the threshold until you can discern the shapes that are white (highlights) and the shapes that are black (shadows). You can use those shapes as a pattern to draw the shapes onto the face of your logo. Additionally, I think the last thing this, or any logo needs is more complexity. Simplicity streamlines and focuses the message, while complexity muddies and complicates it. A complex logo can work, but making an image more complex than it was intended is not the best solution if you ask me. Stick to your simplicity. Some of the best logos are the simplest.

logo_open2006.gif

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Make the face more like it is in the second revision only alittle narrower. Also, the hat doesnt look quite like what they had back then.

For reference...

th-915.jpg

The face has promise, but the hat is all wrong... looks like a melting cowboy hat. Also, in this logo the hat is so big that it dominates the logo and detracts from the face. A good reference for a simple way to do the hat is the Patriots' original helmets:

1960pats2.jpgpats1960b.jpg

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Archived