METS MERCHANDISE HOTTEST IN USA

samzacky

...and then, reading through the "Political Correctness" thread, I see this little snippet of info courtesy of Snowcap30 regarding those colors blue and orange:
long island was originally founded by the dutch (thus the isles colors blue and orange and the cop cars are blue and oragne b/c thats the flag color of the netherlands)

That was in response to Hofstra changing nicknames, but the color info was of particular interest...I learn something new here everyday!

Blue and orange are the NYC colors (evidenced by the city's flag). Royal blue and orange are also the colors of Nassau County (named after the House of Nassau in England) which because the Islanders play at Nassau Colisseum in Uniondale in Nassau County is why their colors originally were Royal and Orange. The Nassau County police cars have blue and orange striping for that reason. Suffolk County's colors are blue and red, Suffolk being the other suburban county on Long Island.

The Mets do seriously overuse black though.

...and then, reading through the "Political Correctness" thread, I see this little snippet of info courtesy of Snowcap30 regarding those colors blue and orange:
long island was originally founded by the dutch (thus the isles colors blue and orange and the cop cars are blue and oragne b/c thats the flag color of the netherlands)

That was in response to Hofstra changing nicknames, but the color info was of particular interest...I learn something new here everyday!

Blue and orange are the NYC colors (evidenced by the city's flag). Royal blue and orange are also the colors of Nassau County (named after the House of Nassau in England) which because the Islanders play at Nassau Colisseum in Uniondale in Nassau County is why their colors originally were Royal and Orange. The Nassau County police cars have blue and orange striping for that reason. Suffolk County's colors are blue and red, Suffolk being the other suburban county on Long Island.

The Mets do seriously overuse black though.

I live in Suffolk County and never knew that was the county's colors (though the cop cars are white with blue and red).

The more you know!

Is there a list that ranks all 30 teams by merch sales? I would love to know who the bottom team is. My guess... probably Tampa Bay (although I want to pick up their BP cap soon) Possibly Texas, I just don't seem to see alot of Rangers merch on the streets.

my guess for the bottom 5?

id say...

Rays

Twins

Rangers

Mariners

Rockies

in no certain order...

My opinion...the black in the Mets' scheme (and uniforms) look pretty damn good to me.  If memory serves me right they may have ben the first pro sports league to feature it so prominently when it wasn't even one of their original colors. 

Blue and orange were selected as the colors of the Mets as a nod to the city's past with the Dodgers and Giants. It seems strange to me that they would let black take over thier uniforms like that.

And the black jersey is another thing from the old Giants heritage.

The Jints twice used a black jersey against the Phila A's in two different World Series.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Yeah a couple of sports cards and mercendise store owners in Cooperstown were talking about how the mets are the hottest selling team in baseball and that wright and reyes rookie cards and autographed balls are selling fast. A autographed wright baseball was selling for 125 dollars at a couple stores. Needless to say i picked up some mets rookie cards

Yeah a couple of sports cards and mercendise store owners in Cooperstown were talking about how the mets are the hottest selling team in baseball and that wright and reyes rookie cards and autographed balls are selling fast. A autographed wright baseball was selling for 125 dollars at a couple stores. Needless to say i picked up some mets rookie cards

A Wright baseball selling for $125 is just Wrong!

Too much money for a g-damned autographed baseball!!!!

Anybody with with an Atlanta Falcons avatar has no business telling anyone else that their team sucks.

Go Mets!

don't forget his braves sig

I went to the Mets game last night, they wore the pinstripes with the black/blue cap... yuck.

It's true! why? Why? WHY?!? That cap is easily the ugliest in the majors (Though followed pretty closely by the Rockies all-purple and the D'Backs A). The only thing worse than that is the Mets BP cap. *sigh* And their original blue with orange NY is so nice... why would they ruin it like that?

YYg2M9Ru.jpg

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

I went to the Mets game last night, they wore the pinstripes with the black/blue cap... yuck.

It's true! why? Why? WHY?!? That cap is easily the ugliest in the majors (Though followed pretty closely by the Rockies all-purple and the D'Backs A). The only thing worse than that is the Mets BP cap. *sigh* And their original blue with orange NY is so nice... why would they ruin it like that?

YYg2M9Ru.jpg

for some reason their two-tone batting helmet has grown on me

That expalins all the Mets things I see lately, now if I can find a size 64 jersey id be set till thena its just T-shirts

Must be a big fan.....

You could buy two size-32 jerseys and sew them together....

no he's just Mr.Met. He's pretty fat you know

there's some great design right there...lets put a royal blue and orange logo on a black cap. That'll really standout. Can they please lose the "black". I almost sh#t myself when I saw the Met logo with a black skyline and blue Mets writing over it. UGH!!!!!

Bring back the unis with the orange and blue stripes down the sleeves!!!!!

Archived